thread

1. ChrisMathes

Thread Preview 'upgrade'

(This is in regards to the 'preview' bubble that pops up on the title of a thread to show you the first couple lines of the discussion) I've just completed what I think will be seen as an 'upgrade' to the thread preview. This was initiated by a change request from mtrager and pappyj who wanted...
  2. M

[How Do I-Help Desk] Thread Excerpts

Status: Entered Assigned To:: Unassigned ===================================== Is there any way to lengthen the time the small blurb sits on the screen when one "mouses over" a thread topic? I rarely have time to finish reading the entire excerpt before it disappears. Steve Coles has told me...
  3. SteveColes

Why did I ask for you to read the Staff Positions thread?

Well, it seems that each summer something in my life has happened that has taken me away from the site enough to make me wonder what happens to the site, if I'm not available as much as I would like. The summer before last, it was a series of headaches and the resulting medical care. The result...
  4. ashley_phil

Charlotte Breakfast July 28th 8:30 am - New Thread

I've added this to the calendar with revised time and location. http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=92&day=2007-7-28 Tryon House Restaurant Address: 10630 Independence Pointe Pkwy, Matthews, NC 28105 Phone:(704) 847-8911
  5. MikeH

Is this thread out of hand?

Is this thread out of hand? Read the last post. Thanks,
  6. C

Thread in moderation

Everyone, I have a thread in moderation. Please do not approve it unless you are Monty/Steve or DaveO. The thread is here.
  7. cskipper

Art school thread

What is going on with the guys thread about an art school. He sounded reasonable, then not but the "reason" he edited his post and made it seem sarcastic. Any idea what the story is?
  8. SteveColes

Klingspor Discounts - staff thread

Please do me a favor and hold off your replys to that thread and put them here instead. I would like to discuss this with you guys first
  9. DaveO

First thread...

My safety tip for the day is to not touch spinning blades with any part of your body :lol: :lol: :lol: Just thought that I would kick off this new section of the site. I am glad that it was suggested, and that suggestion accepted, and look forward to the wealth of information contained here...
  10. Drilling and threading setup for small parts on the wood lathe

Drilling and threading setup for small parts on the wood lathe

The 1/4 and 1/2 inch Jacobs chucks are used here for drilling the sight-tube, and threading its exterior with a stock and die. The lathe is NOT under power when threading, being used only for support of the work and turning the spindle by hand to feed the work into the threading die. It is...
  11. O

CHECKING starting new thread

Hi, Anybody in Robeson Co. area intrested in door and drawermaking .This my first post .I won't even go into why. I have my shop geared is this geneal direction. Cold weather got me slowed. Coming off injury couple yers ago, been doing wood for 30 years. have never realy posted .well i...
  12. SteveColes

Auto Thread Close

The auto thread close function is now working. It is a scheduled task that will run every day at 1:00 am. It places an entry into the scheduled task log and sends a PM to the user. I have already done an initial run. There were 633 threads closed, 160 something started by me:lol: There were...
  13. D L Ames

A Thread to Watch

Not too far out there yet but we may want to keep an eye on the exchange going on between Jeramey and Bruce. Bruce has responded to a couple of threads tonight with his usual brusque (but enlightening and informative) remarks. D L
  14. DaveO

Thread closing

The Moderators routinely close Threads that have had no active posting for at least 30 days. Why, because additional replies to those threads probably won't have any relevance to the original poster of the Threads after that amount of time. The Thread is still available to be viewed, and if some...
  15. DaveO

Thread closing auto notification

Is there anyway to exclude Thread Closings from the auto notification system. I did some major house cleaning last night and closed many old threads (yea, I've been slackin' :oops: ) and now many members are getting a lot of notifications that their threads have been closed. Several are...
  16. DaveO

Auto thread closing

Are threads older than 3 months being automatically closed. I thought I would do some maintenance and close old threads but found that they had already been closed. Dave:-)
  17. Monty

slicksaw thread

This one - I moved it to moderation temporarily. Don't worry, I haven't lost my mind... I'm just waiting for Pete to CHECK HIS DANG PRIVATE MESSAGES!!!! :BangHead:
  18. Monty

Who closed Michael's thread?

This one: Sad day ... just curious
  19. D L Ames

Steel City bandsaw thread

Michael, Take a hard look at the new 18" bandsaw Steel City put together. It is loaded with some very innovative features and I really like the design they are using for their blade tensioning mechanism. D L
  20. SteveColes

Not sure what to call this thread

Well first, where are we. We've done a lot things that have had and will have profound changes in the website. First, we have updated the site's software to a point that I am "almost" comfortable with. During that process, a lot of you have learned a lot about running a website and a lot about...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors