240v

1. L

Greensboro Electrician for 240V line

I've had an electrician over this week for an estimate on installing a 240V garage outlet [NEMA 6-50 plug] and rearranging some breakers in my service panel. Just now realized that along with checking Angieslist.com I should ask the local NCWW'ers if there's any certified electricians here in...
  2. kooshball

dual 240v outlets???

I would like to have a double NEMA L6-30R outlet so that two tools that will never be used simultaneously (table saw and jointer) can remain plugged in. Worst case I can add a 2nd outlet but it would look nicer if there were a dual receptacle like for standard 120V setups. Does such an...
  3. merrill77

Sometimes 240v IS more powerful!

While the belief persists that wiring a compatible motor for 240V doubles the power, most of us understand that when these motors are wired to use 240V, they use half the current...equating to zero net change in power. But today I clearly got more power out of my bandsaw after switching it to...
  4. kooshball

Wire type for 240v extension cord or new, longer plug assembly

What wire designation do I need to either make an extension cord for a 240v 20a circuit or make up a new, longer cord? I will only be extending 12' for a total of 18' of cord so 12ga should be fine but I would rather go to 10ga. Is there a designation to tell me that a certain cable is...
  5. pslamp32

Rewiring for 240V...

So I want to rewire my new Delta 36-979 TS motor for 240V but nowhere in the manual does it say how. Anybody have a wiring diagram? Also, where can I get a 240 plug and extension cord, the Borg? I've heard that this will add close to a 1/2 HP to the motor. Is that true? Questions, questions...
  6. Badabing

Need Ceiling mounted hanging outlet (240V)

I have to move my table saw to the middle of the garage. I need to run the wiring from the existing 240V wall outlet up into the ceiling and across. I would like to have one of those hanging outlets drop down from the ceiling a few feet so I can just reach up and plug in the saw when I use it...
  7. T

240v wiring - no ground

I bought a 3 hp saw recently, and i was planning on running an extension cord from my dryer outlet in the next room to power it until i got around to doing some rewiring in my shop sometime in the future. The saw came with a 6-15 plug on it (2 pole plus ground), and right now the dryer outlet...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors