Search results

1. T

Red Oak Finish Suggestions

I am looking for suggestions on how to finish red oak for an indoor project. Any one who has experience and would like to share it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. T

Delamination of General Finishes ? HELP ?

I am applying General Finishes: Seal-A-Cell followed by Topcoat Oil & Ureathane, sanding between coats with 0-0-0-0 steel wool. When sanding I have found that the previous Topcoats and Seal-A-Cell are delaminating down to the bare wood. I have used GF for years with no problems following the...
  3. T

How do I fix bow in plywood drawer frame w/ pics?

Much to my chagrin I have an 1/8" inch bow over a 26" span in the plywood frame for a bank of drawers in a dresser. The drawers are suppose to fit with a 1/6" clearance. Some how this happened although the case was perfectly square. I considered maybe wrapping with damp towels and clampping down...
  4. T

Shop dogs w/ PICs

Sometimes I wonder how the Golden Retreiver or I get any work done with the Border Colie throwing wood around and trying to catch it for hours on end. :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm: Notice the Golden is giving the Collie a dirty look for interupting her work. Sandy is hard at work...
  5. T

LOML could not wait......

LOML could not wait for me to build bar chairs so she bought these at a killer deal. They are stained but do not have a finish on them. The directions said to use "teak oil" but I was thinking of General Finshes Arm-R-Seal Oil & Urethane Topcoat in Satin. My big question is should I use the GF...
  6. T

How to fix this mistake? w/ pics

I was routing tonight and had to 96 chamfer cuts on tongue and grove slats with m router station. I missed on one and really tore in to piece. Giventhe location of the board it will not be visible on the project (bed foot board against the box spring. Never the less I want to repair it the best...
  7. T

3HP Porter Cable Router will only adjust 180 degree in housing

I built this router station last year and it is practically brand new. The router (3 hp Porter Cable )motor seams to have jammed in the housing. I can only turn it 180 degrees so I can not even remove the motor.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: Anyone else had this problem? Should I put it in a...
  8. T

Finshed Shaker Table after 2 years

When I first got into woodworking two years ago I took a class from John (Woodguy 1975). This was the first thing I ever did and I finally completed it. I used General Finshes Seal-A-Cell Clear and Arm-R-Seal Oil & Ureathane Topcoat in Satin. I put on four coats of topcoat and was wondering if...
  9. T

Bedroom Furniture for my son

I just downloaded plans for a bedroon suite that I am going to build for my son from links I found in the "Link Library" under "Woodworking Plans" I am going to endeavor to be more deligent in my posting throughout the process starting with this post. :eusa_clap I will build the bed, dresser...
  10. T

Miter Saw Mishap : WEAR SAFETY GLASSES

I bought a new Freud Avanti 12" thin kerf blade yesterday from Klingspore. On the fourth cut the blade abruptly plowed into the saw itself throwing metal shavings toward my face which cut my nose, check and embeded into my lip and neck. The injuries were like scratches but I hate to think what...
  11. T

Workbench Tool Caddy

I added a tool caddy to my new bench. It is a simply a block of white oak with rounded over edges that rest on the surface of the bench. It is portable and can be removed completely or slide to another position on the tray. I have currently mortised out chiesel slots and plan to add new postions...
  12. T

Yipee Workbench!!!!!!!!

:gar-BiLong time no post for me. I finally finshed my bench modeled after Monty's which he has so deligently documented and provided for us to use on this forum and his site: http://shootingboard.net/shop/workbench/ . Here are some pics of the finshed project:
  13. T

HELP! Bandsaw not cutting parallel to stock edge

I am trying to make 3/8" check cuts on 3 1/2" wide tenons. The problem is the bandsaw is not cutting parallel. I have the saw set up correctly with a new blade. Blade is square to the table, table is square to the fence, fence is parallel to the blade, the stock is square but the cuts are off...
  14. T

Travis' Work Bench Project

Oh no, not another work bench thread. :roll: YES!!! I have been waiting a couple of years to get to this projectafter and super motivated reading Monty's workbench saga and watching it go together. After a good bit of reasearch and talking to folks on the forum I am going with Monty's plans that...
  15. T

Wood Storage Project Completed w/ pics

Thanks to all those who consulted on my wood storage project several weeks ago. I ended using the plans out of Fine Woodworking's Tools & Shops Annual Issue, Winter 2005/2006. The plane jane storage shelves were my design, which are rock solid and pretty cheap to build if anyone wants the...
  16. T

Raised Panel Doors; how flat for the panel?

Please see the pictures below. I milled these panels (9 1/4" x 33") and had them flat and neatly stacked on my tablesaw. Went out of town for a week and came back to find them warped. :BangHead: Is this amount of cup/twist OK? Should I cut them down the middle, glue clamp and mill again? Does...
  17. T

Bandsaw Trouble? burn marks and smoke!

TonighI was using the band saw and the shop become very smokey. It was charring the wood (Grizzly 14" w/ half inch blade) it even darkend the wood on straight cuts. Please see photos. I do not have a lot of expereince with this tool and was wondering if it is normal.:eusa_thin but it sands...
  18. T

Verticle Plywood Storage

I posted a thread June '06 about plywood storage. I have finally gotten around to designing and building a wood storage system. Following advice from the forum experts, I viewed DL's system shown below. It is a cool design. It is hinged and swings around for access. :icon_thum My question is...
  19. T

One Happy Wife; Project Complete!!

I finally completed the built-inn chest of drawers with cubbies and the shoe rack for the LOML. The finish came out so good on the shoe rack that I threatened to display wood working magazines on it instead of using it to organize shoes. :eusa_danc I started this project the week of the...
  20. T

What Miter Saw to buy, slide or chop??

My buddy took back his miter saw so I thought I might as well buy one. A 10" sliding compound miter saw goes for around $550.:crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2: This seams very expensive and was wondering if I really need a sliding saw. I wanted to get some opinions from those of you who have...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS