Search results

1. Rwe2156

Cherry vanity reface got the panels done.

I did some with this new glue I've never tried and really like it. The veneer curls up have to find a way to deal with that. Hammer veneered the others that was fun. Been a little while. After the 4th one I think I remembered what I used to know. Sequentially cut veneer, bookmatched. I...
  2. Rwe2156

I got a new sander

For many years I've been using a 3M ROS air sander and a Festool ETS 125/3. There's been a lot of times I felt I needed something more aggressive, getting tired of things looking good, but when stained or finished, there are some mill marks or drum sander marks. I bought a Bosch GET75 6N...
  3. Rwe2156

I bought my last can of $$ealcoat!

$23 a quart at my Ace. I used o buy a gallon for that a couple years ago. HD quit carrying it. From now on making my own.
  4. Rwe2156

Over the top shop!

5. Rwe2156

Looking for 12/4 material

Hey guys, I've been commissioned (translation: ordered) to build a jewelry armoire for the CEO. I'm doing cabriole legs and I'm trying to locate some 12/4 cherry. I will be in the Helen, GA area the first of April and wouldn't mind making a trip to NC within reason.
  6. Rwe2156

Impressive looking bit set, a weird TS thing & some cabs

Just got this today. Nicely packaged, 5.2 and 5.5mm conversion kit for plywood panels. Been building some cabs for our exercise room to replace a wall of shelves. Drawers are quickie glued and stapled. Yup. Can anyone guess what happens in the last pics?
  7. Rwe2156

Trimming edge banding/not marring finish

I'm doing some edge banding on prefinished ply. I've always had trouble accomplishing this without skimming a little of the finish. I do a quick pass with aerosol poly and it's all ok. I use one of those double sided cutters, followed by 150 on a block. No matter how careful I am, flushing...
  8. Rwe2156

Laser cut boxes

Box generator: Gallery - Boxes.py
  9. Rwe2156

Question about depth setting Festool 55 REQ

I measured the blade and it's exactly 160MM. Here is what the setting is for the exactly depth.
  10. Rwe2156

Triton TRA001 Router adapter plate.

Anyone use this? I have questions!
  11. Rwe2156

Lazy Susan

Used a piece out of a salvaged drop leaf dining table top.
  12. Rwe2156

Laser Cut 3D Mandala

13. Rwe2156

Wayne Barton Chip Carving Books

Somehow I ended up with two copies of these. Free to anyone who can use them just pay shipping.
  14. Rwe2156

Cherry Night stand build process

Started with panel glue ups, sides, tops, drawer front panels stored in clamps and cauls for app 1 month. After sizing, the next step was dados for the dividers and rabbets for the back. Before final surfacing, strips were ripped off the front and back of the side panels to use for divider...
  15. Rwe2156

Cherry nightstands

Two to match the dresser. Only 4 years later :) Finish: Watco Danish oil Cherry/Med Walnut 2:1, Briwax Teak I‘ve got a few pics of the build process if anyone’s interested.
  16. Rwe2156

Did I find the perfect finish for cherry?

Cherry and Medium Walnut Watco Danish oil 2:1.
  17. Rwe2156

Cherry nightstands.

Just finished these up to match the dresser. Still up in the air on what finish. I’m down to tinted shellac + wax or Danish oil. The dresser is Danish oil. 4 YEARS LATER
  18. Rwe2156

Finally got one!!

I bought this from a guy on another forum. He gave me a good deal on it.
  19. Rwe2156

Looking for walnut.

last time I bought was 4 years from a fellow up north of Fayetteville think I paid $4. $10.35 at my supplier. Looking for sources I like to buy direct from sawmill Thanks!!
  20. Rwe2156

Help me price machines I want to sell

Powermatic floor mortise with numerous Jet bits. Older, non-tilting model. I was going to price it at $500 but I’m seeing benchtop PM priced @ $4-600. Bosch axial glide miter saw.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors