Search results

1. R

Old 16” jointer

I found this while looking at their website
  2. R

6” Powermatic jointer with helical head

I am in communication with a person with one for sale and he is asking $750 is that a good price. Model 54a.... new is $1200 but has helical head with 3 sides good? What do you guys think?
  3. R

Free Wood

Hey Guys, There is a house around the corner from me(Iron Station,NC) that in its prime was about 3500 - 4000 square feet and built in 1884 and collapsed. I had the opportunity to meet the lady that owns it and it has quite a historical background. For instance Ms Goins great grandfather(Ed...
  4. R

Grizzly router bits

How is the quality of Grizzly router bits? I will finish my router table tomorrow and noticed an ad for a 66 pc router bit set for $199 from Grizzly. Is that a deal or am I better off buying only the bits I need in a name brand? I broke down yesterday and bought a Porter Cable 7518 and a...
  5. R

Grizzly table saw has rust on table?????

I removed cosmolite and have been 1023 saw sparingly each afternoon building a router table. I slid the fence over to make a cut today and overnight several spots of rust and discoloration have appeared on the table. I will be the first to admit after cleaning the saw three or four weeks ago I...
  6. R

sealer question

Finally got the saw and planer cleaned, bought a harbor freight dust collector and starting making my assembly table and miter station. The tops on both items are going to be 3/4" plywood topped with 3/4" MDF. My hopes are to have the tops in place over the weekend. What is the best type...
  7. R

Took the Plunge!!!!!

Today I purchased after much help from you guys: G0453 Planer an extra set of blades for planer G1023RLX with long rails table saw mobile base and extension for saw Kreg router top Kreg Router fence I should start having goodies arrive next week
  8. R

Idustrial equipment for sale

Hey Guys, I was looking on craigslist and saw an ad for some molding for sale and at the bottom of the ad it said shop tools also available so I called the guy and he had a countertop business he closed down and started mentioning alot of powermatic equipment from tablewsaws, bandsaw, 4hp dust...
  9. R

DeWalt DWS780 Sliding Compund Miter Saw

Home Depot Buy the DWS780 and get a free rolling miter saw stand.
  10. R

Shop Fox vs Grizzly

I have a nice pm session with one of the esteemed members via pm's regarding opinions/observations on this topic among other things and their help was invaluable but I thought I would take one last poll if you will before spending over $3k. That being said if you could get W1706...
  11. R

Shaper question

I keep pricing Router table tops and fencing so by the time I spend money on a 3hp router, table top and decent fence I have come close to the price of a shaper. I promise I am not trying to open a can of worms but am trying to decide on which direction to go. I saw Grizzly sells a collet for...
  12. R

Planer use question

What do your planers get the most use doing - preparing the surfaces of rough cut lumber to save money from paying the big box prices or finish work if that makes sense? I am trying to get and idea if you guys save alot of money by purchasing rough cut lumber for cheap - which would in turn...
  13. R

Lowes has clamps marked down

All Bessey clamps marked down. Tool guy at Lowes said Bessey was changing their design. Example Bessey 50" K-body clamp normally $49.98 now $39.98 I am a rookie so don't throw rocks at me if they are poor quality, just wanted to post up what I saw tonight.
  14. R

Grizzly vs Jet

Jet has a sale going on right now till I believe 3/10 for 15% off. Is Jet worth the extra $$$$ two examples when compared to Grizzly Grizzly G1023RLX .....................$1675 Jet 708675 Xactasaw Deluxe ......$2082 sale price Planer Grizzly G0453 ..........................$1275 Jet 708538...
  15. R

jointer/planer combo question

I am trying to get my budgets all squared away regarding equipment and was going to buy the Dewalt 735 planer $599 and the grizzly G0654 jointer $534 with shipping which totals $1133, OR I could purchase the Grizzly G0675 Jointer/Planer combo for $1195 plus shipping. Does anyone have any...
  16. R

table saw education

I need some expertise advice on table saws. i currnetly have a Hitahci C10fl and am going to try and get $200 for it so that being said I need advice on a new saw. Two choices both Grizzly a G0715 $ 795 and a G1023RLX $1525, other than the obvious ripping capability, is the 1023 worth twice the...
  17. R

Where else can a person buy decent equipment other than Grizzly

I called and talked to two different sales people at Grizzly and stated I was a member here and created a Grizzly account and wanted to order equipment to the tune of approximately $3k. Then I inquired about a 10% coupon I had heard of and she said "there aren't any that she is aware of". I then...
  18. R

$$$$$ Yes the old Money symbol

I am not trying to get personal just curious about the users on this forum and the destinations of the pieces you create. We all do woodworking because we love to create but as a new comer to this forum I was curious what most of you guys do with all the beautiful items you create. Obviously...
  19. R

Need tool advice

Hey Folks, i am am new here and need some advice on what are some basic power tools to compliment the few I have. Currently Have Table saw Floor model Drill press ------------------------ Hands tools jig saw orbital sander Belt sander drills two routers finish nailer...
  20. R

Hello All from Iron Station, NC

This is a great forum and I am proud to be on board. Rich

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors