Search results

1. mcsincnj

New Project - Does Anyone have plans for...

For the better part of this last year I have been making assembly line type projects in a one-man (me) shop. Beach chairs. Adirondack chairs, Day Tripper chairs, tailgate tables, and a few other projects for the owner of the shop. Lots of the plans come from www.yellawood.com and are cypress or...
  2. mcsincnj

What to use

The hardest thing I struggle with is a good finish. I have just about completed a small box (12x5x5) made of cherry with mitered corners and ash dovetails crossing the corners. It has a raised panel sliding lid. Pretty simple stuff. Not having worked in cherry before, I don't know if I should...
  3. mcsincnj

Who can recommend a shop apron

Ok, with all the places on the web to purchase things, you run the gamut of quality from aprons that become miniatures when washed to others that stay hard as cardboard and fray. So, I am asking for any info from the group. I have already ruined a pair of jeans and a shirt.I am working a p/t job...
  4. mcsincnj

Vaneer Inlays

Does anyone know a good, reasonable source for veneer inlays with a decent selection? I found a few, but I figured that y'all have researched found the best places already - Thanks, m
  5. mcsincnj

Atlanta Woodworkers Show

I was looking through my emails and found this in my spam box - Peach Tree is having a show this weekend in Atlanta Here is a link http://www.ptreeusa.com/PDF/Atlanta_Show_2014.pdf Sorry I didn't see this sooner, I may have been able to work it into my schedule. Mike
  6. mcsincnj

finally got to share my photos in my albums

This is a link to projects I did before it got too cold to work in the shop Now I wish I had added heat! Four items were for Christmas Gifts - http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/album.php?albumid=87 This link is to photos of my shop - A little messy right now...
  7. mcsincnj

Good Reference Web Site

Every now and then we need information about nuts, bolts, angles, steel, tools etc that we can't keep in our heads. I was searching for one thing when I came across a most interesting site. Take a look, I am sure at one time or another, you have wanted something that is here. SHOPSWARF INDEX :cool:
  8. mcsincnj

Question about jigsaw blades

My circa 1972 skill jigsaw finally bit the dust....literally. It only got used occasionally & I guess that's why it lasted so long. My blades were straight w/ a U in the top. I am looking for replacement, but b/c I have a lot of blades around I want to get something that will use these. Most...
  9. mcsincnj

Looking for advice for a old Sears MODEL NO. 113.241591 table saw

I own an old Sears MODEL NO. 113.241591 table saw. I am the original owner and for years of adjusting and adjusting have accepted the fact that the fence sucks. In its day (25+ years ago) it was OK, but age has taken its toll. Knowing this, I constantly check, daaabble-check, and then recheck...
  10. mcsincnj

New from Greer SC

I recently retired from up north to a home I purchased a few years back. Took my lump sum retirement check and built me a workshop. In 1972 I was a Wood Patternmaker's Apprentice and worked in the field for a little over 10 years. The apprenticeship was a 5 year deal that even then the...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS