Search results

1. JohnnyR

RDU lunch Friday April 19

I'll show
  2. JohnnyR

Planemaker's float set -- Completed set

Knowing nothing about floats I went to YouTube and found this using a float in a mortice - Google Search My question therefor is for mortice and tenon work, why not a rectangular float?
  3. JohnnyR

Joinery Help

Pocket holes underneath, dowels. I don't think you'll have to worry about slots being weak as you don't have to go far in and I think that would be the best from an aesthetic point of view. If concerned, you could also ad a dowel. You could also do a dovetail but it may be weak on the corners -...
  4. JohnnyR

Queen Anne Desk

Beautiful work Jim. Now the hard part is getting the "client" to pay up.
  5. JohnnyR

New to NC Woodworkers

Welcome to the sawdust pile!
  6. JohnnyR

New to NC - WakeForest/Rolesville

Welcome Tom from a yankee transplant to Rolesville. Hope to see you at the lunch tomorrow!
  7. JohnnyR

RDU Lunch - Friday March 15

I'll be there.
  8. JohnnyR

Intarsia Wall Project

Beautiful as always Joe! How did you create the "creases" in the clothing?
  9. JohnnyR

First project in new shop

Check that you don't get over heating once you invite a 10 year old over to show you how the system works.
  10. JohnnyR

Happy Birthday Golfdad

Happy belated Dirk
  11. JohnnyR

Impressive looking bit set, a weird TS thing & some cabs

What is the advantage of the sloped shoulder of this bit?
  12. JohnnyR

New promo video for us

Fantastic Video!!
  13. JohnnyR

Grandfather Clock

Looking good so far!
  14. JohnnyR

Drone Jockey

Not a pilot but what show?
  15. JohnnyR

Spokeshave frustration

I bought the Kunz rounded spokeshave for a project and spent hours tying to get it to work but was unsuccessful. Borrowed a Lie Neilson and it cut like butter. Don't know if the Veritas is as good but you get what you pay for, in dollars or labor.
  16. JohnnyR

work in progress, 1/6th 1890's navy steam launch built to navy plans

Very impressive! How do you "lock" the deck to the hull? Hope you'll be building more of these - I love this thread!
  17. JohnnyR

Stopped groove plane experiment

Mike, I assume that the end of the groove is going to be hidden by the drawer back/front. Why not just drill a bigger hole?
  18. JohnnyR

Framed wood

Beautiful, I'm thinking sycamore.
  19. JohnnyR

RDU lunch Friday Jan 19

I'll be there
  20. JohnnyR

Calculating BF used to make a cutting board

I was shocked to realize how much waste you can make with amount of repeated cut -glue- plane-cut -glue - plane etc. etc. that is necessary for a very figured or chaos board, especially if you use an 1/8 blade vs. 1/16 or a band saw. I never calculated it but it seems there may be more wood left...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS