Search results

1. C

Black Friday

Was not sure if i should post this here or somewere else. Does anyone know if Rockler or Woodcraft do anything worth wild for black friday? I don't normally go out on BF but i did see that one year Rockler sold router bits for next to nothing and a few other odds and ends. Was wondering if...
  2. C

Aging Brass

I am not trying to be gross with this but a my grandfather use to do brass and copper aging all the time and sadly what he used was urine. did it with buttons and hinges, keys, all sorts of stuff. I think he would just soak them in it for a few days. I know this is gross but it worked really...
  3. C

**MADE MY DECISION** Opinions on cordless drills

Re: Opinions on cordless drills if i where to pick one it would be makita or ridgid. The big thing i like about ridgid is the lifetime warranty. i have had their cordless drill for about 2 years now. The battery failed on me all of the sudden due to a drop i think. I took it to home depot...
  4. C

Bet You Didn't Know Your Belt Sander Could Do This?

Found this one to here in the US http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-608-005-057-Sanding/dp/B00005S7TE/ref=sr_1_5?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1382622847&sr=1-5&keywords=sanding+frame
  5. C

Bet You Didn't Know Your Belt Sander Could Do This?

is that first attachment this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-2608005026-Sanding-Sanders-Professional/dp/B000R5I7F8/ref=sr_1_5?s=diy&ie=UTF8&qid=1382621286&sr=1-5&keywords=bosch+belt+sander
  6. C

refinish a grand piano?

Yeah i hear what Ernie and Redknife are saying. I just know if i dont do something with it i will have to trash it and i would hate to do that. The places in my area said that for the refinishing work and the hand full of other odds and ends it needed there would be very little profit in it...
  7. C

Wood shed construction questions. . .

This might be a dumb question but are you looking to build a kiln so you can dry it or just straight up storage so you can bring the wood to a workable moisture level? When i think of storage i think of an area that is similar to temp and humidity as the environment i will be working the wood...
  8. C

refinish a grand piano?

Well i did some poking around and what i know about my piano is it is a A.B. Chase from 1919 so not quite 100 years old and measures 5 feet by 6 feet and made from mahogany. At the time of its construction it was considered to be on par with Steinway as per the antique piano shop website and...
  9. C

refinish a grand piano?

I have asked around and been told that my piano in restored condition would be worth about 8 grand or more. It is currently appraised at 500 due to the damage. I know i could fix the legs with little problem. The leg plate is easy to come by and they are fairly standard. The finish needs...
  10. C

refinish a grand piano?

So a few years ago i was given a 100 year old piano. It has a wonderful sound but is in need of some work. The leg brackets that hold the legs in the piano broke on one side so some new braces had to be put in to hold it into place so the legs would not fall or the piano would not collapse on...
  11. C

list of companys that make woodworking machines

I think i am going to get the list and then break it all down so i can post it on here once i am able to connect the dots and get everything in order. I would like to break it down into large medium and small scale. IE who builds the heavy tools the cabinet table saws and larger jointers and...
  12. C

I have been looking but what does the Italian contingent make? I have not found anything about them? I am planing to make links to each tool site so was looking to find all the site addresses.
  13. C

Clamps

I ordered about 30 clamps that just came in today. I got some 24 36 and 48 Jorgensen Parallel clamps and a few smaller F clamps as well. They all got here in a box that i almost broke my back when i tried to move it. All the clamps looked good after removing the stickers and what not. They...
  14. C

I wanted to put together a list of brands(company's) that make things like table saws, planer, bla bla bla. If you know of any please post them. I will try to keep the list up to date. I figure having a list like this will enable people to better look at all the options. Always better to see...
  15. C

Aluminum top smoothing?

kool thanks for the info bill that is great to know
  16. C

Another one completed

You just got me into trouble with my wife. She has decided she wants one and has threatened me with death and long cold showers. She is not nice lol. That is awsome how ever. I would love to see how you make one someday. You are truly a master of your craft.
  17. C

Grizzly Table Saw

just wanted to ask if anyone has ever used Steel City? I have been looking at the grizzly and Steel City table saw? http://www.amazon.com/Steel-City-Tool-Works-35975/dp/B00A5U1XQA/ref=sr_1_10?s=power-hand-tools&ie=UTF8&qid=1381071463&sr=1-10&keywords=table+saw
  18. C

Speed of Grizzly shipping?

+1 to all above. I have never had to many problems with grizzly. They tend to have it out asap if in stock. If i order on a Monday i normally get it by the end of the week no questions asked.
  19. C

Grizzly Table Saw

I am looking at getting a grizzly table saw in the future as well and something i saw about the two table saws stated is that one has a three belt system and the other has one belt. The 1023 uses a serpentine belt system a little larger fence upgraded power switch, min 15 amp circuit but is...
  20. C

Lg update incredible - do not buy lg!!

Re: No Customer Service at Sears Sears makes me happy. Their hole system is a joke. I order 2 mobile tool bases because they were on sale. I went into the store and they told me they could not match online due to their department manager not being in at that time. So i asked if i could order...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS