Search results

1. S

High chair

a good friend has asked for a high chair for her daughter, I don't know much about baby stuff I've got some very nice maple and walnut I thought I would use but need an idea to get started, anyone here ever built one? any things to look out for? I know I need something without sharp corners and...
  2. S

cherry bathroom vanity

I'm getting ready to start on building a bathroom vanity. It will be 48 wide by 21 deep, anyone have any idea or pictures that would point me in the right direction? I know the sizes but not sure what style or design to go with, hoping someone here can get me inspired!
  3. S

finish for cabinets

I have completed one side of my kitchen cabinets and am debating on what would be the best finish for them. They are white oak fronts and doors and 3/4 ply boxes. Any advice on what would be the best finish? I want something that will hold up and not "yellow" to badly Thanks Shawn
  4. S

concrete countertops

I know this isn't exactly woodworking but I guess building the forms is. Has anyone here attempted to build concrete countertops? Ive been reading up on and doing some research I think its something I can do and from what I can figure other than the grinding/polishing shouldn't be that big a...
  5. S

undertile heat

has anyone ever tried to wire mesh stuff you put under tile for heated floors? I am redoing a bathroom right now and am seriously thinking about trying it. Any pros or cons would be helpful. I'm thinking of small section roughly 2 by 5 in front of the shower.
  6. S

bosch router problems

I finally got around to building a router sled this weekend while I had time off work. After using the plunge base for my Bosch 1617 router for dimensions. So I went to take the router out of the router table and slide it into the plunge base. Got everything ready to go and hit the switch...
  7. S

dewalt 734 belt

I was running some 5/4 sycamore in my planer this evening and the belt broke, anyone have a quick place to get one? I need to try to finish this product up quickly, amazon lists them but was hoping there was somewhere I could run out tomorrow and pick one up. I don't care to pay a bit more if I...
  8. S

I think I have an addiction

Sitting at work today flipping through some sites on the internet looking at different tools( not working), I have come to believe I have an addiction to tools. It never seems I have what I want, every time I start a project I want something else. Does anyone else have this problem?
  9. S

tapering jig for bandsaw

Anyone have a picture or ideas on a shop build tapering jig for a band saw? I glued up the legs for a table I'm building and need to cut tapers on 2 if not 3 sides of each leg. Legs are 3x3 I want to leave a 5 inch section at the top that size where I will mortise in the skirt, I want to taper...
  10. S

need to build a table

As many of you might know I'm a teacher and today one of the ladies that works here asked me to build the school a table to use for the spring formal for the 7th grade students. She wants something roughly 18-20 inches wide, 5 feet long, and about 45 inches or so high. I've been trying to think...
  11. S

new cordless drill

I've been thinking about getting a new cordless drill, I've been doing some research and leaning toward a bosch, anyone have anything to say about them good or bad?
  12. S

hand planes

I've never really used hand planes but have been thinking about trying some. What would you guys recommend for a decent plane to smooth lumber out with that won't break the bank? Doesn't have to be great but probably have to buy something new ya never find any used around here.
  13. S

shop time while sick?

The last couple days I haven't even walked into my shop. I have had head congestion and stopped up sinuses. There is some stuff I need to get done but just didn't want to be around any power tools without a completely clear head. What do you guys normally do when your under the weather?
  14. S

HVAC ducts

I've been adding on to my house and have some questions on what size I need to account for for hvac ducting. I built a 24 x 40 extension on one end of the house. The down stairs part give me parking and wood storage while the upstairs will be a living room. I will be adding on a new heat pump...
  15. S

woodworking stores in the Durham area

I'm planning on going down tomorrow to pick up the tools the gentleman selling out his tools had on here, just curious if anyone could direct me to any good places for woodworking things in the area to check out while I'm down there, its about a 5 hour drive and since I don't have much here...
  16. S

Craftsman 2hp router

hi guys, I have a 2hp craftsman industrial router that somehow I managed to knock off the bench and broke the base where the adjustment handle and knob off of. I looked on the craftsman parts site and put in the model # which is 315 275 275100 and it doesn't show up I found a 315 275 275101 that...
  17. S

porter cable bandsaw

I'm still looking for a bandsaw that won't break my budget I found a very lightly used 14inch porter cable on craigslist. Its a decent looking saw with a couple extra blades. Anyone have any experience with these saws? They any good?
  18. S

furniture store pieces

I went to a local furniture store today to pick up a bed frame for the log bed I posted about here earlier. They had to send out to the warehouse to get it, so I was walking around looking at pieces, thought maybe Id get ideas. This was a very high end furniture store and all I kept noticing was...
  19. S

Buffalo Band saw

anyone here know anything about a buffalo 14 inch band saw? found one for sale just wondering about it before I try to make a deal for it
  20. S

flame box elder door

I've been looking at lumber pics and I want to build a bed room door out of something with the look of flame box elder. Anyone ever tried a project like this? Any ideas would be appreciated. I have build a couple doors from oak and pine before so have a general idea.Also anyone know of a decent...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors