Search results

1. S

High chair

Thanks guys, Talked to her today and she said she doesn't care what I build as long as it functions, told me to just build whatever i wanted. The trip Trap looks interesting but I tend to go toward more traditional stuff. I'm thinking more towards the line of a normal chair looking with higher...
  2. S

High chair

a good friend has asked for a high chair for her daughter, I don't know much about baby stuff I've got some very nice maple and walnut I thought I would use but need an idea to get started, anyone here ever built one? any things to look out for? I know I need something without sharp corners and...
  3. S

If You Are Knowledgeable About LP Gas.......

I worked several years of a a gas company here and had lots of people switch over to the 100 pound tanks, not a big deal to change over, unscrew the larger regulator off the line, screw on the correct one for the 100 pound tanks and hook up, your good to go. I also suggest the 2 tanks but I...
  4. S

Strange Gas Log Problem

are you running lp or natural gas? I worked for several years for a propane company installing things like gas longs and stoves, I'm sorry if I missed in somewhere in these posts but a little more detail? If its lb there has to be an external regulator that could be the problem, its should cut...
  5. S

Gator - or equivalent UTV

In my opinion utvs are much like trucks, everyone is going to have their favorite brands, just go look at several, find the one the fits your needs and budget and go from there. Where I live here in the mtns of Virginia everyone has something similar to that or an atv or some kind. I will say if...
  6. S

Hello from NC native

welcome, I'm sure you will find a lot of knowledge on here! I know I have
  7. S

Pecan Lumber

How much you asking? I wouldn't mind having some extra pecan its hard to come by around here and I love the coloring of it
  8. S

cherry bathroom vanity

Thanks guys, I have already bought the sink top that is 49 x22 so I was sizing for about an inch of hangover on the frond and about 1/2 on each side, there will be plumbing underneath the sink. I'm thinking something with 2 doors in the middle with some smallish drawers on each side or 2 doors...
  9. S

cherry bathroom vanity

I'm getting ready to start on building a bathroom vanity. It will be 48 wide by 21 deep, anyone have any idea or pictures that would point me in the right direction? I know the sizes but not sure what style or design to go with, hoping someone here can get me inspired!
  10. S

Spring Lake Woodworker

welcome I am not a very accomplished woodworker but I do like to mess around in the shop all I can and have found that there is a great amount of knowledge here I enjoy coming in here just to look at others projects and I get a lot of ideas that way. I can never make exactly what I see here but...
  11. S

Another mature Chestnut found in Maine

There are a couple of mature chestnut trees in the Breaks interstate park near me, I'm pretty sure they have worked with the park service to get nuts and things on the breeding work
  12. S

Greetings from virginia

Myra I/m near Haysi va and if your looking to sell I probably can't afford much of it but I would be interested in buying some.
  13. S

Hello from Kingsport TN

Welcome to the group, I think you will find there are some really good people too, I'm currently in swva about an hour from Kingsport good to have someone at least semi local to me in the group!
  14. S

Cheap lower cabinets?

I'm in southwest Virginia a small area called Bee va, its about 3 hours from asheville
  15. S

Cheap lower cabinets?

I have some cheap made cabinets I'll give away if you want to come get them. They were in a place I'm redoing, some are while some are upfinished pine.
  16. S

finish for cabinets

finishing is not my strong point, I normally use a poly, which I think is to soft for this project or a clear shellac, which I do like and I think holds up pretty well but since I figure I'm going to need these cabinets for 30 years or so I would like to put the best I could on them
  17. S

finish for cabinets

I have completed one side of my kitchen cabinets and am debating on what would be the best finish for them. They are white oak fronts and doors and 3/4 ply boxes. Any advice on what would be the best finish? I want something that will hold up and not "yellow" to badly Thanks Shawn
  18. S

concrete countertops

Thanks, I checked out that tread. I hope I can get something to look half as good as his did!
  19. S

concrete countertops

I know this isn't exactly woodworking but I guess building the forms is. Has anyone here attempted to build concrete countertops? Ive been reading up on and doing some research I think its something I can do and from what I can figure other than the grinding/polishing shouldn't be that big a...
  20. S

Looking for older Tractor to move logs/cut slabs

I don't know what kind of shape your looking for in a tractor but I have an older ford ferguson that does look the best, but still runs just fine I would sell at very reasonable price, I bought it in a package deal to get the attachments that go with it. Pm if you interested

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS