Search results

1. S

Would like to make a donation to the site.

Is PayPal accepted. Please refresh me on how to donate thanks.
  2. S

Table plans

any sketch up gurus interested in drawing a set of plans for me for a farm table. I will furnish details to you. Let me know how much you would charge.
  3. S

Gage smoother knob

anyone have a Stanley Gage self setting transitional smooth plane that could send me the dimensions of the front knob? Mine is gone . Trying to restore. Also need measurements of the chip breaker. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year to all.
  4. S

Splitter

Ten minutes ago I had a kick back. Second in 50 years of woodworking. Why ?? I took out the splitter yesterday to cross cut some pine to length. Either forgot or did not think. Working on taking the warp out of an old louvered door by making saw cuts and filling and gluing the warp out. Cutting...
  5. S

Deck support

I have a raised deck made of treated pine that has a structure of treated pine overlaid with standard one by six deck boards. The deck is supported by Six by six posts about ten feet apart. The joists are two by eights on sixteen centers. There is a doubled two by eight at each post. The deck...
  6. S

Williams and Hussey molder planer SOLD

I’m selling my W&H molder. It’s got some age but works like it should. When I got this molder it was an infeed only machine. I modified it using parts from Grizzly into a variable speed. This opens new doors. It comes with a roll rolling base. You will have to provide your own dust collection. 4...
  7. S

Woodpeckers Hole boring jig follow up

Got it done. Looking forward to using this much improved outfeed table. I have a Festool 1080 MFT that is now redundant. My experience with this jig overall was good. I have not checked the hole pattern for dead square yet. My biggest recommendation is to get a good quality solid carbide upcut bit.
  8. S

Harbor Freight mini lathe

Any comments on this lathe. I have a PM 90 in the shop but I want to turn some smaller projects with fire wood. I’m reluctant to bring that kind of wood into the shop so I was toying with the idea of setting up this little lathe outside. The chips can be mulch and the little worms can stay out...
  9. S

Using the Woodpecker hole boring jig

Gotten thru about a third of holes . Man I’m bored!🤪 Got to be a better way. Haven’t had a job like this since I had to sand 500 shutter louvers. I’m going through Baltic birch. Guess if it was MDF it may be easier.
  10. S

Help. Woodpecker hole boring jig

Got this out to make a mfg table out of my saw out feed. First off the brass bushing would not go in my Festool OF 1400. Called woodpecker and they suggested I make hole in router bigger🙀. I made an emergency volley and shaved under a thousandth off the threads. It fit.off to the template. It...
  11. S

Leather

Sometime back I asked about a good leather supplier and some one responded . I have lost the name but the store was great to deal with. At that time I was lining my vice. I need some supple leather now 10 x 48 or thereabouts. Any help.
  12. S

WTB Stanley 78 fence and rod

Have an older 78 and it has no fence. Be reasonable and it will come back to you Thanks ,Strom
  13. S

Pattern routing problem

I have used flush trim bits for years with no problem both top bearing and bottom bearing. Yesterday I took out my Mack Daddy Whiteside spiral compression bit and tried to pattern rout some 3/4-inch plywood. As I inserted the plywood into the bit it grabbed and slammed it into my pinky finger...
  14. S

Lift rings for Ekornes chairs

Some time back a member detailed how he did these. Can they repost or send info to me by another route. Thanks
  15. S

Delta Sawbuck.

I'm sure some of you have and use the Sawbuck. Any body figured out how to pick it up and set it up with out getting multiple hernias? Maybe a jack or skyhook? Portable my foot.
  16. S

Powermatic 3520 lathe banjo.

Still in the box. bought years ago when I had plans to increase height of my Powermatic 90. Yours for 175.00 and will discuss offers. thanks, Strom
  17. S

ISO 1 hp 1725 TEFC ac motor. 110/220 reversable

The marathon motor on my powermatic is noisy. I'm hoping to find a replacement. Message me with what you have prefer comparable American brand. Thanks Strom
  18. S

Bridge City Angle master 1

I just know there is someone here who has this tool and can actually use it?! I acquired one when I was making angled stools thinking it would help. Nope. I have read and reread the one paragraph instructions to no avail. I am going to sell it if I can't figure it out. Someone please show me up...
  19. S

Reversing drum switch wanted ADDENDUM

Trying to put a reversing switch on my PM lathe . Anybody have one they could part with? Have pay pal . Thanks The lathe has a 1.5 hp single phase motor . It is factory equipped with a mag starter. This is a PM 90 probably eighties.
  20. S

Sliding hinge ??

I have a pull out trash can under my island. You have to open the door and then pull out the can which is on a REV a shelf pull out. I want some type of mechanism that will pull out the can when i open the door and push it back when the door is closed. I have a vague idea but some of you...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS