Search results

1. L

Interior Door

I am interested in your project. I own Unique Doors. We are a small (myself and 1 employee) company here in Charlotte. We cater mainly to builders but work with a lot of architects and home owners as well specializing in designing, building and installing custom doors. I would be open to the...
  2. L

the differences between honduras and genuine mahogany

I don't think that that is what Kyle is saying at all. Genuine mahogany (Swietenia) and African mahogany (Kaya) are two different trees. I am not saying that it would not be possible to grow Swietenia in Africa. But I have seen a lot of Kaya sold as mahogany which it is most definitely not. The...
  3. L

the differences between honduras and genuine mahogany

This is not meant to be a slam on Wall Lumber. I do not know them nor have I ever done buisness with them. I did go to their web site last week and noticed they listed what they claim to be genuine mahogany for what seemed way to cheap. I was suspicious that it was African, as I am in the...
  4. L

Cheap Lumber

Pete Sorry there was a typo in my email. Try lorinb@bellsouth.net
  5. L

Cheap Lumber

Nelson, Just give me a call for directions when ever you want to stop by.
  6. L

Cheap Lumber

My name is Lorin and I have a small company in Charlotte that builds custom interior and exterior doors. We always have alot of cut offs that we can't use, and I can't stand to throw away (it's good stuff). I would like to sell, at a modest cost mostly 6/4 and 8/4 sapele, some walnut and cherry...
  7. L

Invicta Jointer

Alan I like it a lot. It is very quiet and has almost no tear out, even in quarter sawn sapele which my planer with razor sharp HSS tears very bad. I can't compare it to the Byrd as I don't have any experience with one. I can say that I felt guilty buying the Invicta with the stock spiral head...
  8. L

Invicta Jointer

Alan, I don't know what brand the cutter head on my jointer is. It came stock on the Invicta. It is definitely not a Byrd. It is probably the cheapest Chinese thing that the Brazilians could find, but it works great. Lorin
  9. L

Invicta Jointer

I am in Charlotte and have a 16" invicta jointer with a spiral insert cutter head. Mine is running on a 20 H.P. Desco rotory converter and will take a bigger bite of any hardwood than I am man enough to feed it. The machine is a beast but the fence leaves much to be desired. From factory it...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors