Search results

1. H

He has a long wait ahead

It’s been moonlighting as an anchor for a battleship.
  2. H

Rusty Brown and Sharpe combination square

Tom, you may want to touch base with B&S about reconditioning it. I sent a dividing head for my set back to them and they did a great job. Mine was engraved with my name and it was still there when I got it back. Sentimental value means a lot!
  3. H

Need suggestions for retractable castors for a heavy bench

Luke, I bought one of these that I use for moving a lathe bench. Can’t tell you how many times it came in handy for other jobs. Bought it at Northern Tool. I just keep it under one end of the lathe bench.
  4. H

Harbor Freight dust collector

Got an email this morning with coupons for their weekend sale. Dust collector for 100.00 off coupon was included. Don’t know if the coupon is available to anyone but that’s a great price.
  5. H

Steady Rest for a JET 1640

Chaz, lots of plans and ideas online. I’d just build one.
  6. H

Cleaning Up Wood Glue In Bathroom Sink

Wiley, there’s some good suggestions above and I can’t add to them but I would suggest 2 dozen roses and a nice dinner come February 14!
  7. H

Should I dare use this?

Assuming that is a carbide cutter brazed to a high speed steel shank, the carbide itself appears to have some voids as well as the brazing. Very poor quality in my opinion. If it’s a reputable dealer, they should take it back without question.
  8. H

Extra leverage for F-clamps

Pop, I drilled thru mine and put in a 1/4 X 4 hex head with a lock nut. May have to rethink it and go with yours as the bolts sometimes hit each other when using multiple clamps.
  9. H

Drum Sander

Supermax from Laguna would be my choice. Been a very good machine.
  10. H

Screw Size Symbol Help

The PHI symbol you are referring to means diameter. In this case metric (4 millimeters) by 12 mm long. It doesn’t specify the thread size (spacing) so you probably need to remove another one and take it to the hardware store so they can check for thread size. If it’s not a threaded screw, it...
  11. H

Ambidexterity

Made all A’s in 1st thru 6th grade except for B in writing in 2nd grade 3rd quarter. Broke my arm and had to write left handed for 6 weeks. She could have at least given me an E for effort!
  12. H

Trip planned to Asheville/Weaverville area

Ariel Gallery, Blue Spiral, Grovewood Gallery are all good for inspiration. Grovewood is at the Grove Park Inn and a walk thru the Inn is good for Arts and Crafts furniture inspiration.
  13. H

Drum Sanders Opinions

Got a Supermax about a month ago. So far, it’s been great. Just watch the feed belt for moving to the side. It’s slow to move back as you adjust it but this is an issue on any brand. When a machine just does what it’s supposed to, you end up pleased with it! Unfortunately, you’re about 6 weeks...
  14. H

glue roller

Keye: one could use 2 pieces of a dense hardwood with channels cut to match the existing crimp on the brush while allowing a 1/64 to 1/32 space in between for the additional crimp and insert in a 6” vice for pressure. 😀 (Couldn’t resist as I spent 36 years in machining and fab.)
  15. H

Truss suppliers

Check with 84 Lumber-they used to have shed kits that included trusses.
  16. H

Rockler coming to Cary

Looks like they’re going to open in Greenville, SC in September.
  17. H

Wooden geared clock

Look at the website: woodline.com. I believe that is the same clock pictured as your’s. If so, contact them and they may can help with info on the pendulum.
  18. H

Bridge City Tools UG-1 Universal Gauge $99 ONLY 45 PIECES

Thanks Michael. Got one on the way!
  19. H

Shop Heater (New in Box)

I’ve got one just like those in my 350 sq. ft. basement shop and it works very well. Takes about 2 hours in dead of winter to get it up to comfortable temp.
  20. H

Charging for materials for job

We added a sunroom years ago and had an architect draw plans for it and a new master bedroom and bath. Sunroom was gonna be 30’ feet long X 12’ wide. He first drew plans making it 11’ wide so my question to him was: “why 11’ when I gotta buy 12’ long joists and the subfloor is in 4 X 8...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS