Search results

1. rherrell

Cross on a hill

Some of you might have seen my two cross pens last week. This is the latest version. You might remember that Chris(wsd1089) suggested it might look good to put the cross on a hill. I agreed, so yesterday I started working on it and this is what I came up with. Chris,Thank you for the idea and if...
  2. rherrell

Christian cross pens

I made these as prototypes for a friend who wants 10 pens to give as Xmas presents to his church elders. Ti gold 8mm Euros made with Bethlehem Olive Wood and bloodwood crosses. He hasn't seen them yet and I have plenty of time for design changes so lay it on me! Let me know what you think and...
  3. rherrell

Rifle cartridge desk pens

I made these last weekend with wood scraps. The wood on the pens are cutoffs from Sierras and the bases are made from the black walnut I bought at the very first black walnut group buy last year in Raleigh. The first one is cocobolo and the second is maple burl. Thanks for looking, Rick
  4. rherrell

Fs/craigslist

Hegner Multimax 18 Variable Speed Precision Scroll Saw
  5. rherrell

Finished shop pics-Finally!

Well it's been alot of work but I've enjoyed every minute of it. In fact it's kind of a let down now that I'm finished. There are still some minor things to do but it's done for the most part. Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions when I started this little project. I can honestly say that...
  6. rherrell

Folk School Vacation

I'm thinking about spending a week in the NC mountains at the John C. Campbell Folk School. Jim Burrowes is having a class in turning fundamentals. I figure it's a good way to get some hands on instruction and relax for a week in a beautiful setting. Any thoughts? Has anybody ever been there...
  7. rherrell

Shop progress w/pics

It's been a long time coming but I've finally uploaded some pics of the new shop(some twice by mistake). There are 3 pages of them and I hope you'll find them interesting. It has been alot of hard work but I've enjoyed every minute of it! Oneida Super Dust Gorilla gets delivered next week and I...
  8. rherrell

Grizzly fasteners

Do Grizzly power tools have SAE or metric fasteners? Thanks, Rick
  9. rherrell

Buying first (and last) lathe

I want to buy a lathe for $ 1,000 or less. I also don't want to have to buy a bigger and better one down the road. Since it will only be used on weekends as a hobby it doesn't have to be top of the line. I also realize that I better plan on adding another $1,000 for accessories, tools and...
  10. rherrell

Metal duct question

Okay, I took the plunge and ordered all the material to build my new shop. A 24x28 metal bldg. with a wood floor , 2 roll up doors, 1 man door and 4 windows. I've decided to go with a 2hp Super Dust Gorilla with metal ducting for dust collection. My question is ,has anyone heard of Duct Inc...
  11. rherrell

Hey from Pilot!

Hi everybody, My name is Rick. I've been reading your posts for awhile and have posted once myself. I just realized I haven't introduced myself. I'm 54 and live in Pilot Mountain. I have been doing sheet metal fabrication in the electric sign industry full time since I was 18. My dad owned a...
  12. rherrell

Building a shop

Hey everybody This is my first post but I have been reading your comments for some time. My name is Rick and I'm a sheet metal fabricator by trade (30 years) and a weekend woodworker for enjoyment. Basically I've just been making frames for my stained glass projects and a few small tables and...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS