Search results

1. SHOP PICS

SHOP PICS

SHOP PROGRESS PHOTOS
  2. rherrell

Lathe Questions / Quest

I have the Jet 16/42 EVS and love it. Lots of bang for the buck.
  3. rherrell

Designing a new workshop...Input requested

If you plan on having heating and A/C don't put in roll up garage doors. I have 2 of them in my shop and I'm taking them out. Impossible to insulate around the top.
  4. rherrell

Need a Pen Barrel Trimmer - help

I have one similar to Daves and I love it. I still use a barrel trimmer to square blanks before turning but I leave the material a little proud of the tube. When I'm done turning and applying the finish it's over to the sander to fine tune the blank. I have a 12" disk sander and I cut out the...
  5. rherrell

Router table dust collection question

Here's what I came up with. Four sided box from scrap plexi notched around fence to fit flush on table surface and sealed with silicone. Simple but very effective.Doesn't work for real wide stuff but I don't do much real wide stuff.
  6. rherrell

wlnut diamond wave

Eagle,You 'da man! But you have entirely too much time on your hands. Must be your fingers. I bet you have teeny tiny fingers.
  7. rherrell

Cross on a hill

Some of you might have seen my two cross pens last week. This is the latest version. You might remember that Chris(wsd1089) suggested it might look good to put the cross on a hill. I agreed, so yesterday I started working on it and this is what I came up with. Chris,Thank you for the idea and if...
  8. rherrell

New Addition to the shop and new wood worker

Sure have and if I was just beginning I wouldn't use kits with premium plating. Bear Tooth Woods has a chrome Sierra for $5.70 , chrome Cabara for $3.90 and a chrome Slimline for $2.90. Not alot of difference in my book.
  9. rherrell

New Addition to the shop and new wood worker

Most people say to start out making slimlines but I'm not so sure if I agree with that. I think pens that only use one tube like the Sierra or the Caberra are easier and don't cost that much more. Whatever you do get extra tubes when you order your kits. Trust me, you'll need 'em! As far as...
  10. rherrell

Christian cross pens

Thanks everybody for all the nice comments. And Chris I LOVE your suggestion about putting the cross on a hill. That way I can get the vertical line shortened up so it looks more like a traditional cross. See, that's why I love this place. You put your work out there and ask for suggestions and...
  11. rherrell

Christian cross pens

I made these as prototypes for a friend who wants 10 pens to give as Xmas presents to his church elders. Ti gold 8mm Euros made with Bethlehem Olive Wood and bloodwood crosses. He hasn't seen them yet and I have plenty of time for design changes so lay it on me! Let me know what you think and...
  12. rherrell

14" Band saw Opinions wanted.

I also have the Grizzly G0555 and like it alot.
  13. rherrell

Pen Supplies?

Try Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods. Very honest and VERY fast shipping. He also personally emails you about every order. Has a huge selection of acrylic blanks. I know,I know,plastic?? BLASPHEMY! http://www.beartoothwoods.com/catalog/
  14. rherrell

Hello Everyone!

Welcome TBone! Glad you could join us.
  15. rherrell

Shipping an order

$70?!! Wow!
  16. rherrell

One out of three is OK.

Keep up the good work! It's just like anything else,PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE!!
  17. rherrell

Pen box group buy!!!! PLEASE READ!!!!!!

Re: Pen box group buy??? Still happening Put me down for 100 if it's not too late!
  18. rherrell

deck questions

I built a 12'x16' deck 4 years ago using Home Depot's composite material. Absolutely no problems with it, however, I don't have plywood under it. I hit it with the pressure washer once a year and that's it. I like it,ALOT!
  19. rherrell

Guitar Fretboard Pen

I love it Chris! You did a great job and created something different. I've been playing guitar since I was 10 years old and this art piece really does something for me. Bravo! Encore! (applause).
  20. rherrell

Hello from the Highlands!

Welcome!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS