Search results

1. N

Drill Press - Looking to buy my 1st & (hopefully) last

Nova machines are nice. variable speed constant power to chuck long travel lots more. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  2. N

New table saw advice

Ditto. Even if you have to borrow. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  3. N

Shapton GlassStone (GS) Series HR Stone

Do I stand alone with my 30,000 Shapton? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  4. N

Shapton glass stones

It may be possible that the ceramic in that area is discolored. It may be the diamond plate you use is not flat. The reason those flattening plates are so expensive is their guaranteed precision. You will not have that when you buy the cheapest product. I had an inexpensive plate that would...
  5. N

Circuit Board Repair

An example of one more job that has gone away. Every manufacturing company used to have bench techs. Like keypunch operators. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  6. N

Vacuum pump condensor?

No more vacuum than you need for the application, some bright boy should be able to make a manual pump. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  7. N

Vacuum pump condensor?

Hi. The vapors will be less with proper vacuum oil ( maybe 10 or 20 dollars per quart at Grainger or NAPA). Some pumps use a "mist eliminator" on the exhaust. Even a paper element disposable filter will work temporarily, until the paper saturates. A more expensive type is like you described, a...
  8. N

Vacuum pump condensor?

I do not know what pump you have, but most two stage pumps have a ballast valve. It may be open on your pump, if it has one. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  9. N

Refreshing a Cutting Board

A sharp hand plane will flatten it up in no time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  10. N

New Ladder

Little Giant was the original ladder like that, made in US. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  11. N

Federal Card Table -- Finished Pictures

It is so nice, I wouldn't know where to put it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  12. N

Finish on Poplar

I like the green, as well. But it always turned brown after a while. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  13. N

Dovetail/alignment jig-See update below

I think you may be mistaken about the outside edges part. Or I don't understand what you mean by "outside edges". Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  14. N

Tapered sliding dovetails

They lock the sides from bowing out. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  15. N

Accidents Do Happen

I thought he wanted the sills the house sat on. Could be mistaken. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  16. N

Can plywood be successfully butt glued?

A scarf joint is what you want. That’s what you use for plywood boats. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  17. N

Grit progression when sharpening?

I mimicked what they showed at Woodcraft. Bought Shapton glass stones and a guide. I stopped at 8000, then started going to 16000. The 16000 made a difference. So I got a 30000. I can’t tell it makes any difference. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  18. N

Just a Quick Shop Survey

Pretty tight. 8 feet by 8 feet. That includes the bench. No power tools. It is enough. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  19. N

pre finishing before glue up

I try to finish anything I can prior to assembly. I mask the tenons. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  20. N

Mineral oil on cutting board...does it ever stop seeping out?

Flaxseed and linseed have a common source. However, only flaxseed oil is safe for human consumption. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors