Search results

1. B

quarter sawn oak

I'd suggest that if you buy from Jack you also grab up some of that AD stock. That's a bargain at $1.50/bf for quartersawn. I don't think I could saw it for that price and come out. There's a lot of log turning and remounting to do the job right.
  2. B

How can I get listed on the "sawyers" and materials pages?

Hey Ron! Just checking in to see if you got the PM on the posting. Let me know if it didn't arrive and I'll resend it. Thanks!
  3. B

Heads-up lumber guys!

Appreciate the link. Lots of useful stuff you've accumulated there.
  4. B

Heads-up lumber guys!

After looking at it again Jeff, I think you're right. I'm with walnutjerry though, that bark photo looks really odd for red oak. Must be the angle of the shot. Yep, the guy will be lucky to get someone to haul the thing away for free for the lumber. He'd be better off selling it as firewood...
  5. B

How can I get listed on the "sawyers" and materials pages?

I have a portable bandsaw mill near Graham, and occasionally do reasonably priced custom sawing for friends and acquaintances. I have assorted sizes and local species of lumber available in limited quantities from time-to-time, and always below average local prices . All lumber for sale is...
  6. B

Heads-up lumber guys!

Looks like that cherry I just milled for a guy in Greensboro to me, but the bark is a little different. Pretty sure it's not oak though. hard to tell from the photos. Sure is red though isn't it!
  7. B

Heads-up lumber guys!

Spotted this ad on Craigslist a few minutes ago, and anyone near Holly Springs with a little time and equipment can grab a nice tree at a bargain. Ad says Red Oak, but it doesn't look oaky to me! You be the judge....too far for me to go to get it. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/for/3510477803.html
  8. B

Saw mill(s) in vicinity of Crawford Dairy & Chicken Bridge cross roads? (south Orange-Northeast Cha

Welcome Wallace from another newby! I may be able to help you with part of your materials wishlist, so gimme a hollar. I'm less than 10 miles away!
  9. B

Shakin' off the sawdust for today...

Hey Bill! According to the friend who brought the logs over, it's native wild cherry. He cut it from his place on the outskirts of Greensboro. He's decided not to saw all of the logs, so we worked out a barter arrangement for my milling. I'm going to saw the remaining logs for myself in hopes...
  10. B

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody! Looking forward to meeting many of you, but right now the Thursday thing in GSO happens while I'm working my paying job. Maybe I'll get there eventually. Sounds like fun! tar1heel, shoot me an email after the holidays and we'll check my lumber piles to see...
  11. B

Howdy everybody! I just got in from a little sawin' and stumbled onto the site after I choked down dinner. I'm literally still "shakin' off the sawdust" - no joke! Looks like a great site and community here, so I'll be back later when I have the time to visit a spell. I think the wife still...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS