Search results

1. Stuart Kent

New Classes at the North Carolina Furniture School

Hello All, I haven't been active on the forum for a while, so I thought I would post a few updates and invite folks to see what's new at NCFS. For those of you who aren't familiar with the North Carolina Furniture School, we are located in Farmville, NC; just one hour from downtown Raleigh. We...
  2. Stuart Kent

Camp ShopBot Returns to NC at the North Carolina Furniture School, October 22. Registration Now Open

visit the links below for registration: shopbottools.com/community/camp ncfurnitureschool.com/camp This event is free, open to everyone, and lunch is included! Come out for a day in Farmville: visit the North Carolina Furniture School, meet the founders and team at ShopBot, and see some great...
  3. Stuart Kent

the North Carolina Furniture School returns to the NC State Fair, October 13 - 23

Come see us make shavings at the North Carolina State Fair, October 13 - 23, 2022! We have seen many of you over the years at the NC State Fair and look forward to seeing you again this year. After a three year hiatus, we are excited to announce that we are returning. Our booth will be located...
  4. Stuart Kent

the North Carolina Furniture School 2022 - 2023 class schedule

The North Carolina Furniture School is open for classes. We are currently offering classes at the beginner to intermediate levels in furniture making, general woodworking, woodturning, and CNC. In the coming days we will continue to fill the schedule with more advanced classes in every...
  5. Stuart Kent

Oneway 1018 Lathe with complete Oneway tooling set for sale

I am selling a Oneway 1018 with a complete tooling set. This is a reduced price on an excellent machine. I can forklift load into a truck or trailer. $1600
  6. Stuart Kent

Jet 1221 lathe with stand for sale

I have a Jet 1221 with a stand for sale. Initially asking $800, now asking $700. This is a very good machine with no issues. New with a stand these are ~ $1,300.00.
  7. Stuart Kent

Equipment for sale!

Hello All, Updated post: we still have a few machines that need to go, so I reduced the prices, DM if you are interested. We are bringing in some new equipment to the North Carolina Furniture School and need to sell some demo machines to make room. We need these items gone quickly, so please...
  8. Stuart Kent

looking for a chain mortiser for the North Carolina Furniture School

We are looking for a chain mostiser for future classes at the North Carolina Furniture School, does anyone have one they might be willing to part with? thanks, Stuart.
  9. Stuart Kent

looking for a few pieces of maple

I have a turning commission and need a few pieces of maple big enough to get 20" bowls. Does anyone have a tree down or coming down? thanks
  10. Stuart Kent

Looking for a few used tools for the North Carolina Furniture School, need your help!

Hi All, we want to replace a makeshift (albeit decent) shop-made router table with a router lift system for the sake of accuracy and safety. I was wondering if anyone has one they are no longer using that can save us some money. The second used tool we are searching for is a little tougher...
  11. Stuart Kent

haven't posted in a long time, I've been busy...

Good Morning All, I just posted an announcement about reopening the North Carolina Furniture School and hope you get a chance to check that out. My wife and I built this school to serve this community and we are excited about getting back to doing just that! So I have spoken to a few NCWW...
  12. Stuart Kent

the North Carolina Furniture School Reopens

Good Morning All, I wanted to let you know that after a long period of being closed to the public, the North Carolina Furniture School is open again! We have many new class opportunities from beginner to advanced in design, joinery, hand tools, woodturning, and CNC. We have partnered with...
  13. Stuart Kent

Camp Shopbot Postponed

ShopBot and the North Carolina Furniture School have been closely monitoring the rapidly changing news and closures. We have decided to postpone our upcoming Camp ShopBot scheduled for April 18 in Farmville. However - Bill Young (ShopBot) and Stuart Kent (NCFS Director) are filming some of the...
  14. Stuart Kent

Camp Shopbot

Hello All, The North Carolina Furniture School is hosting an event with the folks behind Shopbot on April 18th in Farmville, NC. The event is free and open to anyone who would like to attend, but registration is required because we are buying lunch. Shopbot founders Ted Hall, Bill Young, and...
  15. Stuart Kent

Table for Raleigh Mayor's Office

I delivered a table to the office of the Raleigh Mayor, Nancy McFarlane on Thursday. It is was made from a post oak tree planted in 1856 at the Dorothea Dix Mental Hospital, which was the year the hospital opened. As many of you are aware, the hospital was closed in 2005. The entire 365 acre...
  16. Stuart Kent

FREE SPIRAL DUCT PIPE

I have a bunch of spiral duct pipe including elbows and wyes from my old shop that I would like to give to somebody who can use it. It ranges in size from 8" down to 4" and needs to go. PM if you're interested.
  17. Stuart Kent

NCFS Woodturners Club Meeting

we have a woodturning club scheduled for Saturday Sept. 7 at the DeVisconti Arts Center in Farmville, and invite any/all that would like to come. We are hoping the hurricane wimps out and we plan to go forward. However, If anyone finds themselves or their families in need please let us know...
  18. Stuart Kent

North Carolina Furniture School update

Hello all, The new facility is coming along and will open in the next couple of weeks. There is still much to do beyond the initial opening, so we will not have an official 'Grand Opening' until later. Several of you have inquired about volunteering to help us with things, and we are finally...
  19. Stuart Kent

NCFS Woodturners Club Meeting rescheduled-please note!

the NCFS Woodturners Club meeting has been rescheduled for Sunday, July 7, 2:00pm the North Carolina Furniture School 3749 W Wilson St. Farmville, NC 27828 come see our progress on the new building and sign up to volunteer with us in the Easy Wood Tools booth to hang out with my friend (YouTube...
  20. Stuart Kent

48" Exhaust Fan Needed ASAP!

we are looking for a 48" commercial exhaust fan to fit into an existing cut out inside the Furniture School. Thought I might send this out to the group and see if anyone has one they might donate or sell for a decent price. They are expensive new but lots of commercial buildings, farms, etc...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors