Search results

1. Stuart Kent

Glu-Bot

We have tried them at the Furniture School, it's just another glue bottle in our opinion. Use the one you like, save some money
  2. Stuart Kent

New Classes at the North Carolina Furniture School

Hi Dave, our classes are full day, running from 9 - 5
  3. Stuart Kent

New Classes at the North Carolina Furniture School

Hello All, I haven't been active on the forum for a while, so I thought I would post a few updates and invite folks to see what's new at NCFS. For those of you who aren't familiar with the North Carolina Furniture School, we are located in Farmville, NC; just one hour from downtown Raleigh. We...
  4. Stuart Kent

Greenville, NC Hardwood Sources?

We sell hardwoods by custom order at the North Carolina Furniture School in Farmville. $250 minimum order, we can mix species. Give us a call, 252.916.8226
  5. Stuart Kent

Drills Bad

we use the professional series of Makita drills (not the home center stuff) and have relied on them for many years - not a single issue. ever.
  6. Stuart Kent

Drum Sander

woodmaster is a much better machine. We bought one for the school in 2020 and couldn't be happier with it.
  7. Stuart Kent

Rikon 70-3040 Lathe & Oneway 24" Coring System

It works perfectly, I have been using a Oneway coring system on a 70-3040 for the last year. I even found that I could reduce setup time by cutting a plywood spacer that fits between the headstock and the sliding bed to accurately repeat the spacing from the chuck. I just place the Oneway base...
  8. Stuart Kent

Equipment for sale!

The saws are similar in many ways, but there is a significant difference in the build between them. Everything is beefed up substantially, so vibration is greatly reduced. The motor has a heavier duty rating. The dust collection on the Alpha tool is much better (although very good on both)...
  9. Stuart Kent

Equipment for sale!

the C14 has been sold.
  10. Stuart Kent

Camp ShopBot Returns to NC at the North Carolina Furniture School, October 22. Registration Now Open

not intentional, we have to schedule things when we can. (maybe you could suggest that Klingspor should check our schedule next time :D [just kidding]). I can't tell you how often I get messages from folks around here that say 'but that's the same weekend as the baseball or football or...
  11. Stuart Kent

Camp ShopBot Returns to NC at the North Carolina Furniture School, October 22. Registration Now Open

visit the links below for registration: shopbottools.com/community/camp ncfurnitureschool.com/camp This event is free, open to everyone, and lunch is included! Come out for a day in Farmville: visit the North Carolina Furniture School, meet the founders and team at ShopBot, and see some great...
  12. Stuart Kent

the North Carolina Furniture School returns to the NC State Fair, October 13 - 23

Come see us make shavings at the North Carolina State Fair, October 13 - 23, 2022! We have seen many of you over the years at the NC State Fair and look forward to seeing you again this year. After a three year hiatus, we are excited to announce that we are returning. Our booth will be located...
  13. Stuart Kent

the North Carolina Furniture School 2022 - 2023 class schedule

The North Carolina Furniture School is open for classes. We are currently offering classes at the beginner to intermediate levels in furniture making, general woodworking, woodturning, and CNC. In the coming days we will continue to fill the schedule with more advanced classes in every...
  14. Stuart Kent

Track Saw Advice

we have Makita at the Furniture School, their professional grade drills are among the best on the market and because they have making tools for industry for decades, their product line includes many tools that other brands don't - all with the same battery - and according to our Makita rep, they...
  15. Stuart Kent

Oneway 1018 Lathe with complete Oneway tooling set for sale

I am selling a Oneway 1018 with a complete tooling set. This is a reduced price on an excellent machine. I can forklift load into a truck or trailer. $1600
  16. Stuart Kent

Jet 1221 lathe with stand for sale

I have a Jet 1221 with a stand for sale. Initially asking $800, now asking $700. This is a very good machine with no issues. New with a stand these are ~ $1,300.00.
  17. Stuart Kent

North Raleigh CNC Required

I might be able to help, give me a call if you want to discuss it. 252.916.8226
  18. Stuart Kent

I covet some premium chisels

good points, I was simply adding to the discussion, that a few inexpensive tools can be used to make world class furniture.
  19. Stuart Kent

I covet some premium chisels

I've made furniture for at least the last 20 years with Marples Blue Chips and they work dutifully. I also have a few Henry Taylor Diamic chisels that I like just as much. Tens of thousands of professional woodworkers from all corners of the earth have relied on Sheffield Steel since c.1840 -...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS