Search results

1. B

Elm

Anyone know of a source for elm......8/4 or 12/4?
  2. B

Old curio finish

I believe the finish is just a shellac. I am able to see the grain through the finish pretty good in some places. For this reason, I do not think there is any varnish on this piece. My ?? is...... after pieces sit on the shelves, they have a tendancy to stick to the shelf. Does anyone know of...
  3. B

Anvils

Back in Jan., someone posted an ad that showed a good many anvils for sale in SC. Could someone point me in the right direction to this ad?
  4. B

There was a way to close a post after you had received the info you were looking for. I can't remember how to do it. I would like to close it to help with space issues and I am finished with it any way.
  5. B

For those who always wanted a shave horse

check this out and take your pick http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=b91c7fb48520572997046e48d8f1e936 I apologize if this has already posted prior to mine.
  6. B

Lathes

Am wanting to purchase a new lathe. With all of the units on the market, not sure which way to go. First, the small table top units are out. Want a full size for some outboard (large) turnings. Powermatic, Jet, Delta, Oneway or what? I am thinking that most are all about as good and each will...
  7. B

Laminated beam

Would like to find a company that makes up the gluelam pieces. Any one here know of such in Western NC? Need one 2 and 1/2" by 28" by 12'. Thanks in advance for any help.
  8. B

Elm

Anyone have any 8/4 elm for sale?
  9. B

Beech

Anyone know of a supplier for beech...preferably 8/4 or thicker? Reasonably priced.
  10. B

Duh!!!!!!!

Some of you keep referring to Harbor Freight and their store. Can someone tell me where he store is located? Bet it is not close to me!!!
  11. B

Looking for a guy.....

He used to be on Hway. 18S just outside of Morganton. Operated out of a building on the left side and sold imported lumber. I think he went by the name of Lew. Have lost any contact info I had on him. Was hoping some of the locals in this end of the state may know who I'm trying to locate. Can...
  12. B

Masonry Construction Software

For those who might be interested, give a look see at Concrete Masonry Construction Software. 1/2 Cutting. 2X Diamond Blade Life. I don't think I found it through this site. Some of you might find some useful info here.:eusa_danc :BangHead:
  13. B

Hope this is ok for this column

Home Despot used to carry a line of 'contractor grade" cabinets. They were along the back wall in the Hickory store. It seems that they have discontinued them. Would anyone here know of a place where one might find these. These cabinets were made out of MDF for the case with a "hardwood" face...
  14. B

Old barn

Any one have or know of an old barn being torn down? Know someone who wants some of the wood for a few projects for his house. Thanks in advance.
  15. B

Best two days...I believe ever

I just spent two days in a class with Helen Gibson here in Hickory. For those that aren't familiar with Helen, she is the carver from Brasstown, the John Campbell Folk School. She has several carving books in print, Moses, St. Francis, a Nativity and the animals of the Nativity. If any of...
  16. B

Well, hello.

I guess it is about time I made an official entrance into this group. I have posted a few times and an conversed with a couple of the members. I live in Hickory, wish I could live near Beaufort. Beautiful area and town. I started carving in 1989. I do "some" turning and some furniture. I...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS