Search results

1. frigator

Need to replace a motor

I bought a new grizzly 12 inch joiner this summer and the motor just went out. Grizzly is sending me a new motor and I need to swap it out. The problem is I have bad knees, have had four surgeries and just had the last surgery 2 1/2 weeks ago. So I can't get down on the floor and swap these...
  2. frigator

Statesville auction

Checkout this auction this weekend in Statesville, look at that old belt driven sawmill and Planer. And those old beams from a dismantled house. Wonder what kind of wood it is? http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=179962
  3. frigator

Trailer buying tips

Man I need a trailer. My pickup just doesnt cut it, need something to haul lumber and equipment. Would like something like 16ft, flat bed, double axle that can handle some weight. Have owned many boat trailers but never an equipment trailer. Any tips on what to get and where to get it? Been...
  4. frigator

Lumber grading, FAS vs Select

I was looking at some wood on Ebay described as FAS oak, but seller said it ranged in width down to 4inch. I though FAS meant a minimum of 6 inches wide. Am I wrong or did they change it. What are min widths, lengths for FAS stock. And is "select" lumber FAS that doesnt meet the length and width...
  5. frigator

#1 Common white oak

I have never really bought much #1 common but this looks like a good deal. Buy direct from the sawyer, 6-8ft, mostly 6inches or wider with a few 4-5inchers. At 90cents a ft even if you got 1/4-1/3 waste for knots still seems like a good deal, esp for shorter lengths needed for cabinets and such...
  6. frigator

My old mill visit

Today I got to visit an old funiture plant built in 1870 that they are tearing down. It must have been steam powered at one time as it had the long belts that powered the machinery. Its like 65,000sq ft and two stories with a basement and it was amazing to see. Its brick walls but everything...
  7. frigator

Ok, just signed up today and it was suggested I introduce myself, my name is Robin Frierson, moved to Hickory about 1yr ago and just now got my new shop finally finished, what a job. Starting to set everytihng up now and get back to some furniture making. Recognize a few guys from woodnet, which...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors