Search results

1. Lhloy

Another box

Thanks Neal.... sometimes I get carried away with complexity (craftsmanship on display), but the elegance of a simple but efficient joint can't be beat.
  2. Lhloy

Another box

Nice... how are the sides / bottom joined?
  3. Lhloy

Porter Cable 743 Circular Saw (SOLD)

PM sent.
  4. Lhloy

13/16 Hickory Boards

Brian, where are you located?
  5. Lhloy

Patent Approved

Nice. Congrats.
  6. Lhloy

Purchased a Laguna 14/12

I have a Laguna 14/12 (it's 1.75 HP) and it is the only stationary power tool I ever bought new. Couldn't find a used one. The 'modern' welded steel design seems to make a more rigid structure than the old school (forgive me, all you old-iron people) classic cast frame designs. It is great...
  7. Lhloy

New Box

Beautiful work. As to the padauk accents, do you have any feel for the orangish color retention with the use of the Odie's dark oil finish? Perhaps it's way too early to tell? Thanks.
  8. Lhloy

Lost my mom

You have my deepest sympathies. May God grant you peace and comfort in this time of need.
  9. Lhloy

Froglips shopsmith for sale. **Sold**

The ShopSmith is a great solution to cram a little shop into 1 end of a 1 car garage and keep the wife's car inside. Of course, always planning to build a real shop out back. And you have to back the wife's car out when making sawdust. And you get tired of changing the thing back and forth...
  10. Lhloy

New member from Tobaccoville

Jay welcome. I had to look up Tobaccoville to see where it is. A beautiful area. Happy sawdust.
  11. Lhloy

Planemaker's float set -- Completed set

Jim, awesome job! Thanks for sharing. Did you harden/anneal your floats after finishing all the filing? Not familiar with O1 tool steel, perhaps that's good for wood as is?
  12. Lhloy

Bench Top Bandsaw

I'm sure you'll like the Grizzly, enjoy!
  13. Lhloy

Bench Top Bandsaw

Dancam, FWIW, just ran across this on Raleigh CL. It's only been posted an hour.
  14. Lhloy

Decimal, fraction or metric

The U.S. is inching towards the metric system.
  15. Lhloy

Pocket Knives

The pocketknife (Benchmade) goes in the right pocket, the AA flashlight (Zebralight) goes in the left pocket. Always.
  16. Lhloy

slotted beams

Thanks for the pics. Still a mystery to me. Makes no sense.
  17. Lhloy

Poplar Planter Stands

Nice!
  18. Lhloy

slotted beams

another phote for the votoes.
  19. Lhloy

Chess Board finish??

Nice...is that border Padauk?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS