Search results

1. John Harris

SOLD: For Sale: New Freud 8" Dado Set

Hi Jim, it is still available. I was thinking it would be no more than $10 to ship in NC. I assume SC should about the same, not sure. I will private message you so we can discuss.
  2. John Harris

SOLD: For Sale: New Freud 8" Dado Set

For sale New, never even taken out of the case, 8" Freud Pro Dado Set. Custs 1/4" to 7/8" $50, includes shipping to anywhere in NC
  3. John Harris

Basement Shop

My new shop is in my 900 Sq ft basement. I'm at 3600ft elevation, 30 minutes west of Boone on the TN border. Don't need AC but I've got radiant heat in the slab. Just started using the heat a month ago and Love it! With a shop in my basement I knew I wanted to have good dust collection, so in...
  4. John Harris

Dust Deputy connectors?

I did not notice a difference in suction going from a 5 gallon bucket to the 14 gallon drum.
  5. John Harris

Dust Deputy connectors?

I think I have same drum. If so, it is 14 gallons and works great. https://www.amazon.com/Eagle-1610MB-Polyethylene-Lever-lock-Capacity/dp/B07GDQ8QL2/ref=sr_1_3?s=industrial&ie=UTF8&qid=1534444313&sr=1-3&keywords=14+gallon+drum
  6. John Harris

Dust Deputy connectors?

I did the 2inch pvc and heat gun mentioned above.
  7. John Harris

Festoon vac adapters to connect to the rest of the world?

With a piece of pvc pipe and a heat gun you can make your own custom adapters.
  8. John Harris

Need help editing classified add

Thanks for the help fellas!
  9. John Harris

Need help editing classified add

I created a classified add for a table saw and jointer but for some reason my location did not save. How do I add location, Southern Pines NC. I can't seem to find a way to edit the add? Thanks for your help
  10. John Harris

poplar or yellow pine

Living on a farm in the Sandhills, Long Leaf Pine Forest, for over 20 years I have to deal with pine tar,pitch, resin, sap every day. From removing it from hands, tools, automobiles, blades and two youngins. I've tried everything over the years. What works best for me is hand sanitizer. I get...
  11. John Harris

Gloves in the Workshop? What works for you?

I live these http://www.harborfreight.com/latex-coated-work-gloves-large-61435.html
  12. John Harris

Cutting Board finish

I don't like the idea of using petroleum based products on things that come in contact with my food. I've been using grape seed oil. It is a little thinner than mineral oil and I think works just as good if not better.
  13. John Harris

Question about Radial Arm Saw

I had an old craftsman given to me several years ago that I gave away. With a sliding compound miter saw and a cross cut sled on my table saw, I just didn't see the need for it.
  14. John Harris

Need an Idea for a 1/8" Hardboard Substitute

Hardwood Store of NC has 5x5 sheets of 1/8 inch Baltic Birch plywood for $25. If you buy 3 or more they is $20 a sheet. https://hardwoodstore.com/hardwood-plywood
  15. John Harris

Setting up my First Shop

Welcome to the forum. Have you ever used peg board? I've used it plenty and can't stand the stuff. The holes tear out. The holders fall off. I would suggest hanging a piece of plywood and making your tool holders out of wood and screws. There are plenty of youtube videos on how to do it. Just...
  16. John Harris

How true it is

Sanding
  17. John Harris

Help? Gunstock finish question

I've refinished many surplus rifles over the years. I always seem to come back to Birchwood Casey's Tru Oil.
  18. John Harris

Need a new hand held belt sander

3 inch is plenty wide for me. This is replacing a 3x18 Ryobi belt sander.
  19. John Harris

Need a new hand held belt sander

The PC352vs is made in Mexico.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS