Search results

1. old-delta

LED Shop lights

Interesting topic. I have 4' and 8' fluorescents in my shop I'd like to convert to LED. Only due to the fluorescents being faded out in the market. With 80' of 8'ft and 60' of 4' I may have to get a second mortgage lol
  2. old-delta

New member from Candler NC

Welcome to the Site Carl. Tons of great people here.
  3. old-delta

Problem With 14" Bandsaw

Wheel crown has a lot to do with tracking. I've had this same saw for decades with no real issues with the saw itself. If you haven't already, familiarize yourself with matching blade tension with blade size. Those tensioners rarely if ever need replacing unless of course if they're over...
  4. old-delta

Looking for Small Tablesaw

If you run across a Dewalt Table Saw DWE7491RS 10" they are pretty impressive in portability and accuracy. I purchased mine new when Dewalt was including the mobile base promotion 6 years ago. It's neat because it's ideal for small work areas. You can simply fold the legs and roll it in a...
  5. old-delta

Once more- what is it?

Have to agree with the other replies. Definitely Cherry. Have many Cherry furniture pieces including bedroom suite. piece on right seems to have been exposed to ultraviolet light but definitely cherry family.
  6. old-delta

Jet Dust Collector

$600 is all I can do. Yes I'm east of Wake Forest.
  7. old-delta

Jet Dust Collector

Yes I still have it
  8. old-delta

Delta X5 drum sander (SOLD)

PM me I'll give you my number
  9. old-delta

Your Thoughts on DeWalt 734 vs 735 Planer

735 is a very good machine. Had mine now 7 years with no issues. I've heard some mention it pops breakers. This is true but there's a reason. Either the knives are dull or the depth cut is too deep causing machine to strain. I upgraded mine with the Helical head. Very smooth and about 3...
  10. old-delta

Newbie and new member Western NC-hope pics are ok

Welcome to the community Rob.
  11. old-delta

Looking for my first lathe

If you haven't found a lathe yet, I'm considering selling my mini Nova. Has the sharpening attachment as well. PM me and we can discuss. NOVA COMET II MIDI LATHE; VARIABLE SPEED & REVERSIBLE
  12. old-delta

Jet Dust Collector

Dust collecter is DC-1100VX 2 micron 1-1/2HP 20 feet of hose Remote Unit is in like new condition. Purchased new from Woodcraft in 2017. Asking $600.00 with 20' of hose and extra Jet bags ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jet model JSSG-10 wet...
  13. old-delta

Best wood for making a cutting board

Maple and Walnut are very nice to work with. I mad three about 15 or so years ago. I'd probably do end grain for obvious reasons.
  14. old-delta

Head scratcher ads

I've seen worse lol. I once saw a big box store drill press listed as a milling machine. I guess you could call a joiner a bandsaw. They both cut wood right?:D:D:D:D
  15. old-delta

Buying a bandsaw

Reviews are these days more opinion than actual quality or defects in the product. I have in fact owned a PC saw 5 years ago. I sold a Rikon to downsize to a 14" PC. If you're a novice woodworker these saws are ok. If you want a saw that'll do what you want it to do This is not the saw. It's...
  16. old-delta

Buying a bandsaw

Reading the replies on here I'm going to agree with buying an old delta or a Rikon. The issue with the big box BS's is they're pretty much disposable and cost more in the long run. They'er all made in China with inferior metals. Older Delta saws were built very well. That's why they're still...
  17. old-delta

ISO Planer

I've had the Dewalt 735 for 5 years now. It has done a good job so far. I did upgrade it to the helical head 3 years ago. Makes a world of difference on Maple and Oak.
  18. old-delta

Shop Vac - resuscitate before death?

I have a ShopVac I bought in 2001. It's been through everything and still works great. The hose is actually deteriorating it's so old. I agree with Henry, the repair cost is cost prohibitive to a new. If you find a ShopVac on sale that may be a good choice. I'd go with the steel canister vs...
  19. old-delta

Dust collection idea... is this just plain stupid?

Just my 2cents here. I would avoid getting the fines in any confined or partially confined space. If anyone remember the West Pharmaceutical explosion in Clayton a few years, that was from fines above a drop ceiling in an enclosed area. Small static spark and it took down a 70,000 sf structure...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS