Search results

1. D

Router Jointer jig

Just got my copy of Ultimate Router Handbook from Woodsmith. I am thinking of building the Router Jointer jig setup, as I have no room in my garage to a real jointer. My question is has anyone tried a setup like this and with good results and 2 I have a spare Dewalt DW617 router I was going to...
  2. D

MDF Edging

Re: MDF Edging again... apparently I clicked the close this when done checkbox by mistake. lesson learned and thank you for the reply. This was standard 1/2" MDF. I am going to go with veneer on the edges.
  3. D

MDF Edging

I am building a wall mounted station for my miter saw using 1/2" MDF. I am wondering how should I protect the edges of the station from wear and tear, and do you all advocate sealing MDF against moisture or humidity? drew
  4. D

Router instruction

Wow thank you all for the information, and for the list of bits to start off with. I am trying to make a cabinet for my workshop and it is calling for rabbets and dados. I do not have a TS with a dado set (it's just a small cheap on-site TS for the moment) so I wanted to try using my router. The...
  5. D

Router instruction

So I have a hand-me-down router. A Dewalt DW616 with both kinds of bases. being new to routers in general I perused my local library for some written instructions and maybe some tips. The library has this book Amazon.com: Woodworking with the Router: Professional Router Techniques and Jigs Any...
  6. D

Making Adjustable Shelves with a Router

I was going to start a project with adjustable shelves. but having no drill press yet i was worried on accuracy. This will save me lots of time and headache. Thanks. Drew
  7. D

Baby Room Furniture- Update #3

Re: Baby Room Furniture coming along We have that crib, was a gift form my mother, when my son was born back in July. I wish I was 1/10th skilled enough to even think of taking a project on like that. My current plan is to make a toy box, shaped like a pirate treasure chest. Kid is 8 month old...
  8. D

table saw and dust help

Tom, it does not have the motor behind, but below. I will lookinto making an enclosure in the bottom. I am wondering is there a down side to making a small cabinet that houses the saw. I can remove it from it's legs. I have seen a few DIY plans where people have done this but it looks like they...
  9. D

table saw and dust help

I hope this is in the right area, please forgive me if it is not. Being new to woodworking I am setting up my shop(garage) with tools that I have acquired over the years or been passed down. Currently I have a delta table saw purchased form a big box store several years ago. I do want to upgrade...
  10. D

Woodworking Show Today

Just wanted to say Hello. I was at the show today and was thoroughly impressed by the turning you did today. being a complete beginner it was fascinating to watch Milissa and the other gentleman (I beg your pardon as I for got your name) turn rings on the chess pieces. amazing how they come to...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS