Search results

1. Nice Figures

Need Help / Advise

We closed on the house in NH last Friday and could use some help / advise on moving all this wood and tools. Does anyone out there drive a big rig? or have a connection / recommendation with a trucking company. We estimate that we've got over 25,000 pounds of wood to move plus the household...
  2. Nice Figures

Special Moving Sale

Thanks Tony, it was great to meet you and your daughter. Hope you have fun with the wood. We'll be here for a little while longer, just give us a call to make sure we're here. NH is one of the states with no sales tax and no state income tax, the property tax is very high to make up for it. We...
  3. Nice Figures

Special Moving Sale

Sorry Tony, They moved the closing date for the house up a week and we had to make a quick trip.
  4. Nice Figures

Special Moving Sale

Thanks for all the wonderful comments, business has been good here and it's been a great experience. We're moving to New Hampshire....how stupid are we??? I'm in shorts here and it snowed there yesterday......it's were I grew up and I'm feeling the need to be closer to my family. How about a...
  5. Nice Figures

Special Moving Sale

Hi Everyone, We’re moving and need to lighten our load so we’re going to offer some of our figured wood and burl inventory at special pricing for NC woodworkers. This will be a first come first serve deal for the next two weeks at our store in Salter Path, no shipping. We will take credit...
  6. Walnut Close Up

Walnut Close Up

7. Walnut

Walnut

Prices: any legnth 6” diameter and under $ 43.00 each 8” and under $ 53.00 each 10” and under $ 63.00 each 12” and under $ 75.00 each 15” and under $ 90.00 each
  8. African Walnut

African Walnut

9. Nice Figures

My Blog - Woodworking Wednesdays and Women in Woodworking

Hi Kevin, Sharon and I have been woodworking for many years, we have been leaning heavily towards The Dark Side (woodturning) and own a gallery in Salter Path. There is a woodworking forum called "Women in Woodworking" sponsored by Rockler. Don't know it that might interfere with your blog...
  10. Nice Figures

maple experiment

Jack, that came out really nice, I've never seen this....let me make sure I'm getting this right, the vinegar and steel wool makes a stain that you wipe on the maple with a cloth then before it dries you heat (but not burn) it with the flame? It looks great. Paula
  11. Nice Figures

picture frame moulding

There's a place in Lexington, NC that manufactures picture frame moldings and has a outlet store that sells first and second quality material, racks and racks and racks of it. Prices depend on the width of the material and once you get on their mailing list they send out sale fliers. I've bought...
  12. Nice Figures

Classified Ad Policy Clarification

As one of the business owners that supply specialty woods (and I support the idea of buying a sidebar add) I'm having a hard time understanding why "lumber runs" are supported with free postings but business owners have to purchase adds. We're already at a disadvantage by having to compete with...
  13. Nice Figures

Refrigerator Dryer for Turnig Blanks

It was worth $20.00 for me not to have to clean someone's old fridge. Paula
  14. Nice Figures

Thanks Glenn, I know I'd seen several articles on people making these. The refrigerator I got is actually a new one that was returned to the store and the service dept had used it to rob parts from. I paid them $20.00 for it and we were both happy, I got a refrigerator to try my project on and...
  15. Nice Figures

I saw plans for a wood one similar to the one on the link but the one I saw had pulleys and rope on eye hooks so it could be lifted it up to the ceiling of the shop to keep it out of the way. I've seen several versions of the refrigerator one but now I can't seem to find anything on the web. If...
  16. Nice Figures

I read about this and have finally gotten around to getting an old fridge to try it. The one I got is a side by side, I know this might make it a bit more complicated but.....that's what I've got to work with. Has anyone made one of these? Can you tell me how to go about it, where, how many and...
  17. Nice Figures

Native Hawaiian bowl blanks

I've got some Koa, but I'd be interested in some of the other native woods. Paula
  18. Nice Figures

Happy Birthday woodArtz

Hi Bob, Happy Birthday! Hope you get a truck load of wood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Nice Figures

Dust Collector Question

Thanks, I didn't know about it needing a dust layer to work properly. I'll just roll it outside and give it a few taps.....don't have a leaf blower here at the beach, I've only have palm trees but I get the idea! Paula
  20. Sharon's Big Catch

Sharon's Big Catch

Sharon's Birthday fishing trip. Caught in Bogue Sound near Morehead City, NC.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors