Search results

1. R

Power tools...

That's the type project that raises my blood pressure. Good work.
  2. R

Ambrosia

Nice table golfdad. I agree, the bandsaw box is a work of art.
  3. Ambrosia Maple

Ambrosia Maple

Another photo of Christmas present
  4. Bee Hive Stand

Bee Hive Stand

Bee hive stand made by Rayban
  5. Future Hive Bodies

Future Hive Bodies

Stack of cypress lumber ready to make into bee hive boxes
  6. Teacher Presents

Teacher Presents

Cutting boards made by Rayban in June 2015
  7. Bee Hive Bodies

Bee Hive Bodies

Bee boxes made by Rayban in August 2015
  8. Cutting Boards

Cutting Boards

Cutting Boards made by Rayban in December 2015
  9. Cutting Boards

Cutting Boards

Cutting Boards made by Rayban in January 2016
  10. End Grain Cutting Board

End Grain Cutting Board

Scraps left over from making cutting boards.
  11. Ambrosia Maple

Ambrosia Maple

Christmas Present
  12. R

Ambrosia

Those are awesome danw. I would love to one day try my luck at a violin but I need a lot more practice first. This was my Christmas present.
  13. R

Ambrosia

I appreciate all the comments and feedback. I'm always interested in seeing what others are doing and it was nice to see a few projects using ambrosia. I helps me to see photos to get an idea of what woods work well together. I haven't worked with ambrosia before so I don't have experience to...
  14. R

Ambrosia

I was given a hundred board feet or so of ambrosia maple for Christmas. I've been trying to come up with ideas of how to use it. Too much of it in one large piece like a table may be overpowering. Has anyone used it in projects that you would be willing to share? So much thought went into...
  15. R

Raised Panel Router Bit

Looking for suggestions here. I am trying to replace a few large shutters on the exterior of my house. they are 21" x 80" and have a raised panel on the lower section. I have made raised panels in the past for interior applications but these are a little larger. The edge profile is 2...
  16. R

Bees killing my boxes

Thanks to all. Btw, that's a nice looking top bar.
  17. R

Bees killing my boxes

Thanks. I'm in town though and the hives are visible. I prefer not to have ugly boxes. That's just one more reason for folks to complain. G Good luck with the bees. I have four hives, two new packages recently installed and two nucs on the way in April. I will probably split the four...
  18. R

Bees killing my boxes

Glue cured for about two weeks in a conditioned, 65 degree shop.
  19. R

Bees killing my boxes

Thanks. I also have a couple hundred board feet of cypress that I plan to make the next boxes with. I thought about just air drying to EC and not sending it to the kiln. Any problems with that approach?
  20. R

Bees killing my boxes

Ok. So a couple months ago I built several bee hive boxes with kiln dried yellow pine. I used box joints and Titebond III glue. I also put a nail in the end of the box in each of the second joints (four nails per end, one joint up from bottom and down from top). I did not put any nails in the...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors