Search results

1. N

Woods of Art huge world class walnut slabs, chunks, rounds up to 40 inches wide and 15 ft long

So are you selling these? Are you going to have them dried? How much are you asking for them? AnD Where are you located?
  2. N

Wood ID help

Disagree with persimmon. The bark is not rough enough. The bark is consistant with poplar and the black stain is consistant with poplar. Where persimmon does get some black 'heartwood' i have never seen it to this extent...usually very small black patches. Liriodendron tulipifera fits best. Is...
  3. N

What did you do in the shop this weekend?

Put final coats of finish on this bench and this table. Phew!
  4. N

Source for cypress

All the way over in Asheville, but Bee Tree Lumber always has 8/4 and 4/4 cypress.
  5. N

Random Orbit Sander Problems

plus one on Klingspor paper. It is more expensive, but it lasts much longer than that crap at the big box stores. And the backing sticks like a champ.
  6. N

Pricing

Having a very hard time believing you only have 6.5 hours in these two pieces. Really?
  7. N

New Coffee Table

Now we know were you "hide" your guns!
  8. N

Cutting Board - Warping

The board is a bit thin.......but ......CAULS
  9. N

Craft shows

Ok one more..... www.zapplication.org listings of tons of shows across the nation. Free upload photos and statements making applications to shows easy peasy. many shows now only accept applications through this website.
  10. N

Craft shows

Also, treat your event, not only as an opportunity to sell your items, but as a brochure for what else you may do. No one can buy a dining room table from a craft show and carry it home. But, having a larger more exp;ensive item or two that you may not sell, is a chance for people to see what...
  11. N

Craft shows

Here's another thing I have learned. When picking a craft show, avoid venues where the craft show is secondary to the main event. For example a music festival that has an area where there are a row of arts and crafts booths. Or a food festival that has some arts and crafts. Waynesville, NC has...
  12. N

Craft shows

Hi, I do craft shows and sell furniture and woodworking for a living. A couple of things I've learned over the past 6 years of craft shows, galleries, online venues and commissions. Look at what you make or what you want to make. This will help tell you what venues to pursue. Crafts are sold at...
  13. N

Need lacquer quote

I am bidding on a conference table top for a company in Asheville. I use mostly varnish type finishes, but this one needs to be sprayed on lacquer. The table is around 4'x8', cherry with the ends finished in a radius. Looking for a quote on such a job in the Asheville area. Any ideas?
  14. N

Festool observation

It's the Apple Computer business model. Make the parts incompatible so consumers have to buy more. It's about $.
  15. N

Bessey pipe clamps

CAULS
  16. N

Gluing to oil stained wood?

Tvrgeek has it right. epoxy won't stick to it either.
  17. N

BAD advice

My woodworking teacher at school would go to a machine to show us a cut and he would proceed the demonstration with "Don't tell anyone I showed you this .....it is extremely dangerous. And then he would show us anyway.
  18. N

Asheville Hardware

Large display area for lumber and slabs...easy to see and get to. Bins of scrap lumber.....this went both ways. They would buy and sell scraps. They would sell your wood and tools on commission. They had good machine and hand tools. High end finishes, glues and such. Verneer, dowels and small...
  19. N

Asheville Hardware

I was a very frequent customer of Asheville Hardware. I am a full time furniture maker/artist in the Asheville area. I knew 2 of the employees as friends outside of AH. I can assure you that the employess were not the problem in this case. I visited on a weekly basis because their inventory...
  20. N

Corkscrew Willow

Florists use it in arrangements sometimes.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS