Search results

1. Willemjm

Murphy bed desk

Anyone built a murphy bed with two options, one being only opening the desk, the other being desk remains tucked in and the murphy bed folds out? Not hard to do, where I can use help, is hardware for the desk part. That would be for the two desk legs to fold out and lock, and hardware to fold...
  2. Willemjm

Is it time to replace my machines?

I started my shop around 2003, probably purchased all my machinery by 2005. Smaller hand and power tools seem to be an ongoing purchase though. I get by just fine, it is certainly not a mass production shop, but can do anything I need, just lengthy set up times due to the difference from one...
  3. Willemjm

The age of wastage

And there I was, thinking Grizzly could find a smaller box for mailing a set of 8” jointer blades.
  4. Willemjm

Building a range hood

The guy who normally do these for me, could not help this time. So I am on my own, never done one of these before, not sure if I know what I’m doing. Picture of progress thus far below. Tomorrow I have to make the front, figure out how to get the miters to match and how to attach it to the...
  5. Willemjm

Kreg precision miter gauge

Anyone have one of these and satisfied with it? Have always gotten by just fine with the standard miter gauge which came with my old Grizzy 10” table saw. After cutting a bunch of miters on 7” wide stock yesterday, I was thinking of perhaps upgrading.
  6. Willemjm

Bathrooms reface

Interesting story. We got a remodel job, where the entire house was gutted. Kitchen plus four bathrooms they needed cabinets. Asked us if we would do the massive kitchen and master bath, reface the other three baths. Customer wanted the other three baths refaced, we do not do refacing. Gave...
  7. Willemjm

Determining the curved dimensions for a range hood.

Before I bend my brain around the math in the link below, anyone else here built a curved range hood before with 3/4" ply? https://www.intmath.com/blog/mathematics/range-hood-curved-sides-problem-8705
  8. Willemjm

When last did you use your hand plane?

As much as I treasure all my hand planes, I can’t remember the last time I used one. Since the shop has become a money making business and time is of the essence, the machines do it all.
  9. Willemjm

Woodworking with built in refrigerators

Second home we are doing with a 48" wide by 84" tall built in refrigerator. Won't mention the brand, but the customers are paying North of $12,000 for these refrigerators and the installation is a pain. The quality for that price also leaves much to be desired. First one we did, the drawings...
  10. Willemjm

Nit picking

Is it me, or is this a bit unreasonable? Below is a picture for a home we recently completed. In their butler's pantry, we have a wine cubby with cubes. One cube measures 4" wide, the other cubes all measure 4 1/8". He needs that replaced. Two cabinet doors have a tiny scratch on the inside...
  11. Willemjm

Forest management on my property

This is probably more a forestry question, but would appreciate some input. I live on acreage here in the Sandhills and except for the house and the shop, I have left my land with pretty dense forest untouched. The forest is mostly pine, it appears as if the land was cleared about 20 years...
  12. Willemjm

Today’s counter top glue-up

Pleased I got these Damstrong clamps, befrore Rockler discontinued them.
  13. Willemjm

Fireplace built ins

These will go each side next to the fireplace, built in and installed flush with the drywall. Inset with a push on the door to open.
  14. Willemjm

This was a challenge

One of my installers built this hood in our warehouse, using only a track saw, jigsaw, router and a bench top drum sander. Took him 1 1/2 days. He seems threatened by all the machinery in my shop, so I let him loose to do his own thing in our warehouse. I had to paint it to match the cabinets...
  15. Willemjm

I hate stain

These have to match the floors. Sherwin Williams had to mix two batches to get the color right. Picture is the first stain, after an hour or so a different color goes on to get it right. Floating shelves. Spray on with 1.3 nozzle and wipe off immediately.
  16. Willemjm

What is your favorite sandpaper.

It’s time to stock up on 9 x 11 sheet goods, out of 80, 100 and 150 grit. I purchased wholesale twice from the same company, Premium Gold Aluminum Oxide. First time was superb, second time not so great. Still better than the stuff from Lowe’s. I looked at Klingspor’s offerings, but there are...
  17. Willemjm

Stupid

That was a first for me, mind must have been somewhere else.
  18. Willemjm

CNC Help

Had a guy today ask if we could cut some CNC images for his disco. Anyone interested, PM me your info.
  19. Willemjm

Knotty Alder Question

If you ordered cabinets in Knotty Alder for a rustic look and they look like the pictures below, would you complain?
  20. Willemjm

Pear fruit tree pollination

Have thee pear trees behind the house in full bloom. Interesting to see, they are surrounded by tons of bugs pollenating. All kinds, with only the occasional Honey bee.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors