Search results

1. J

Baltic birch

Gibsonville http://www.hardwoodstore.com/plywood.html I have a laminated dining chair idea I might try using this ply.
  2. J

Cedar strips

Kyle, Sending you an e-mail. Matt
  3. J

Cedar strips

Any chance you'd be looking to make a couple bucks doing this for me?
  4. J

Band Saw: What size? (Different Project)

I'm starting to think a table saw might do the job just fine. I figure I'll purchase the cedar from the HardWood store already planed to my desired thickness. Then with some featherboards and good infeed and outfeed tables, the job should go pretty fast and easy. I'll probably end up wasting...
  5. J

Cedar strips

it's for a kayak but not a traditional woodstripper. I'm making a plug for a fiberglass mold.
  6. J

Band Saw: What size? (Different Project)

I started a thread asking about any shop around to cut me a whole pile of cedar strips: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?p=85566#post85566 But I'd like to know what you all think about what size band saw a guy would need to cut a whole bunch of of cedar strips cut to 1/8" x...
  7. J

Cedar strips

I need a whole bunch (250+) of cedar strips cut to 1/8" x 3/4" from mostly clear lumber. Desire strips to be around 6-8' long. Consistent and square is a requirment. I'm thinking about buying a band saw and doing it myself but I'm not sure what a local shop might charge me. If the price is...
  8. J

Opportunity for Woodworker

Wes said it was ok to contact him directly at jwp767 @ bellsouth. net (no spaces).
  9. J

oh. DUH! Didn't see that section. :oops: Thanks! ;-)
  10. J

I'm not exactly sure if this message belongs in this thread so moderators, feel free to move as you see fit. I got an e-mail from someone who is looking to have some oars made 12-18' long from Spruce. He will be using them as handrailings for a cabin he's building. Now I imagine this would be...
  11. J

Band Saw: What size?

Each piece if different and not perfectly round. They are stations for building a wood strip kayak. I thought about using a jig saw but that's a heavy-duty cut for a jig saw.
  12. J

info in this thread: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7279
  13. J

Greetings all. Man it's been a while since I posted. Anyway, I have a project where I'll be cutting shapes from 3/4" plywood. I'll be cutting about 15-20 pieces that are about 25" in diameter. My space is limited and I won't use the band saw much beyond this project for anything over 1/4". So...
  14. J

Adirondack Chairs

Very cool. One of these years I'm going to get to work on the Jake chairs. Although I like the looks of that rocker.
  15. J

Lowes Wood vs Home Depot Wood

To me, it seems like HD is getting more like Wally World every day. Thier plywood and "general" lumber quality seems to keep getting worse. But what's odd is when you look at their select wood section, they have better prices, selection, and prices compared to Lowes. Wonder if the big gap...
  16. J

New entertainment center finally finished !

Re: New entertainment center in progress Your shop/project project takes me back to the days when I worked for a cabinet maker in WI. 4 people in the shop: Owner, his parents, and me. I was all of 16 at the time. Owner was a muttering grump and his parents barely spoke English! That was an...
  17. J

Boat Building

I have a selection from beginner to experienced builder. I always like to tell folks that if they intend to build something complex, they should start with something simple as a learning project. In almost every case, the 2nd boat you build will be lighter and done much better than your first...
  18. J

Boat Building

Thanks all. My boat plans are aimed toward being simple and within the reach of new builders. Building one via stitch-and-glue is not nearly as hard or time consuming as one build via wood strip. Stitch and glue is VERY forgiving to errors because of the gap filling abilities of epoxy mixed...
  19. J

Awesome new tool from B&D

Oh yea - the wife is getting that picture sent to her e-mail. :lol:
  20. J

Boat Building

Greetings All, I'm Matt, newbee here. I e-mailed David before posting here to make sure it was ok. I own a small side business called JEM Watercraft http://www.jemwatercraft.com . I design mostly canoes and kayaks for folks who like to build there own boats from plywood, epoxy, and fiberglass...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS