Search results

1. rcarmac

New for NCWW 2024 Picnic – Silent Auction

We are excited to introduce a new way to enhance your woodworking experience. For the first time ever, we are going to feature a Silent Auction at our annual fundraising picnic. Here are the details: We will have 12 silent auction items specifically curated for this purpose. Each item will be...
  2. rcarmac

Raffle Sales - Chances of Winning Right Now

Right Now, you have a 1 in 10 chance to win one of our 87 Raffle Prizes. Please hit that banner above, buy some tickets and support the NCWW. You have great chances to win one of these awesome prizes.
  3. rcarmac

Golden Mallet - VOTING

Nominations are Closed for the Golden Mallet Award. Voting will start on 4/1 and run through 4/14 The nominations are as follows: (in order of nomination): a. Bob, screen name - bob vaughan b. Jim, screen name - creasman c. Matt, screen name - mdbuntyn d. Michael, screen name - Michael...
  4. rcarmac

2024 Golden Mallet Award

Once again it is time to nominate members for the Golden Mallet award. This annual award will be presented to the member(s) selected as the best representative of the spirit of NCWW, the friendliest and most helpful woodworking site on the internet. Nominations should be posted to this thread...
  5. rcarmac

NCWW Scholarship Announcement

The Board of Directors would like to announce that we have added a 3rd $1,000 Scholarship at Haywood Community College for the Fall 2024 School Year. We anticipate those Scholarships to be awarded in the Summer. Thank You to everyone that has supported the NCWW Scholarship Fund and hope you...
  6. rcarmac

Drill Press Motor Issue (Fixed)

I used my drill press on Tuesday without any issue. I went out tonight and the motor was struggling to spin. I can hear the motor trying. I turned the chuck with my hand several times to try and help the motor and then finally it started spinning. I turned it off and tried it a couple times...
  7. rcarmac

Please Consider "Opt-In" to become a Corporate Member

As a member of this Group, please consider selecting the "Opt-In" part of the membership to become a Corporate Member. We have a lot of new members to the group and a lot of long-time members. I would like to send a request for both new and existing members to "Opt-In" and become a Corporate...
  8. rcarmac

Dark Wood Suggestions

What dark wood is available at local woodworking stores. I am looking for something dark for accents to a wood toy I’m working on. I have some walnut but it’s not dark enough.
  9. rcarmac

Rikon Bandsaw Stand - Brand New

10” Rikon Bandsaw Stand. Brand new. $75
  10. rcarmac

UPDATED - Second NCWW Scholarship Awarded (Thank You Email Added)

The Board of Directors would like to announce that the second North Carolina Woodworker Scholarship has been awarded to a talented student, Allen, at Haywood Community College. We have reached out to the Scholarship Winner and hopefully will be connecting him to this group soon. This is very...
  11. rcarmac

UPDATED - First NCWW Scholarship Awarded (Thank You Letter Added)

The Board of Directors would like to announce that the first inaugural North Carolina Woodworker Scholarship has been awarded to a talented student, Meredith, at Haywood Community College. We have reached out to the Scholarship Winner and hopefully will be connecting her to this group soon...
  12. rcarmac

Woodworking Hourly Rate

Just curious, when you are working on woodworking projects where you are getting paid, do you have an hourly rate you are trying to get. If you are just pricing it per job, I would assume some hourly rate is being factored in.
  13. rcarmac

Beautiful Grain in Cedar Bowl

I thought this bowl was going to be pretty boring when I started. Then I discovered this grain.
  14. rcarmac

Anyone get any email about Rocklers new Store

Just got an email saying that Rockler just signed a lease for a new store in Cary, NC. Not sure how they got my email. I guess I am on some list somewhere
  15. rcarmac

CNC help for TBall team

Would anybody be able to help me with a little gift for the my TBall Team. Could anyone help me with cutting out a circle with maybe baseball laces etched in and then their names etched on it. I have 13 players. Was thinking about 2.5”-3” dia, thin material like 1/8-1/4 thick. Willing to...
  16. rcarmac

10” Cole Jaws and Accessory Kit (Sold)

Barely used Standard Cole Jaws (10”) for a Nova Chuck. #6020 Also includes an Nova Cole Jaw Accessory Kit. #6030. Brand new and unopened. $85
  17. rcarmac

Use of a Planer at least 16” Wide

I have a cedar “cookie” that my mother wants me to turn into a clock. I have a 16” drum sander that I was planning to use to make it nice and smooth. However, I started looking at it tonight and noticed a difference of about 1/2” or more of thickness from 1 side to the other. That’s more that I...
  18. rcarmac

Dust Collection Parts

Miscellaneous parts for a dust collection system. Most are 4”. Blast gates, couplers, adapters, etc. Make me an offer for some or all.
  19. rcarmac

Shop Heater (New in Box)

Electric heater, good for a shop. New in Box, never been used. Have 3 available. Asking $40 each
  20. rcarmac

Dust Collector Question

If a single stage dust collection system has the same static pressure and air flow, per the mfg specs, as a 2 stage system, is the performance the same at the tool level.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors