Search results

1. Crrunion

Vienna Regulator Plans

I am looking for a set of plans for a wall clock known as a Vienna Regulator. I had bookmarked a set of plans at Cherry Tree Toys that I had planned to order but hadn't visited that site in some time. Now, the site is still there, but they apparently no longer sell the plans. Does anyone have...
  2. Crrunion

Plans Needed

Does anyone have plans for a wooden fly box (to keep fishing flies in) and/or a portable fly tying bench or table? Also, does anyone have a copy of "Off Season Angler" by Saindon? Thanks
  3. Crrunion

I Want To Trade Lathe Lessons For Black Walnut Blocks

I have a few pieces of black walnut log rough cut with a chain saw about 12 or 14 inches long, and I would be willing to trade 2 or 3 of them for a few lathe lessons. I have used a lathe a little bit, but not much and have had no training. I want to learn to turn well enough to make some finials...
  4. Crrunion

Turning Tool Identification

I am a beginner wood turner, but I would like to learn to turn enough to make some finials for a clock I hope to build. I have a set of View image in gallery tools, but there is one tool that I don't know what to do with. Could anyone identify this tool for me and tell me what kind of work it...
  5. Crrunion

Mantle Clock

View image in gallery View image in gallery I'm new to the NCWW after a long layoff from woodworking but I wanted to post a couple of pictures of a Mantle Clock I built a few years ago as a kind of introduction to the website. The clock has a mechanical movement and the case is made from...
  6. Crrunion

Acquired So Black Walnut Today

A friend has several acres of hardwood and invited me to come get some BW. He has a lot of standing BW and I brought back more than a Walmart bag of nuts which I will enjoy eating. I also brought back a log that has been on the ground for more than 15 years. The wood is solid. The log is 10' 5"...
  7. Crrunion

Creating An Avatar

The second question has to do with creating an avatar. If you click on my name and go to my profile, you will see a picture of me holding my new grandson. How do I get that picture to become my avatar? I need a simple step-by-step of what to do next so that the picture becomes my avatar on my...
  8. Crrunion

Can't Log In

I'm brand new to the site; joined yesterday, so I've got what are probably newbie questions that I need help with. There are actually two major problems and I'm going to post them in separate threads so that we can work on one at the time. This thread has to do with a problem of logging in. When...
  9. Crrunion

Couple Of "Where To Find" Questions

This is my second post on the forum. My first was in the "Get Acquainted" forum so I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I have a couple of questions about shopping for tools. The FIRST question is about a place that I went to a time or two in Mount Holly, NC. The name of the place was...
  10. Crrunion

My First Post

Well, after a few problems logging in, which I don't understand, perhaps operator error, I was finally able to log in and I wanted to say "Hello." So "Hello." I have a couple of questions about where to buy something and about a place where I used to shop for tools, but which may be out of...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS