Search results

1. allisnut

I'm Back.......

I've got a cast iron tank base I salvaged from some junk that was going to scrap. I had visions of either a butch block top to make a funky / trendy kitchen island, or a heavy iron base for a shop bench. I'd don't have time / space / need for either, so I was hoping someone here would be...
  2. allisnut

Walnut with a history

This walnut came from my mom's back yard. My grandfather planted the tree in the 1970s, I think. Mom and dad had me cut it down 10ish years ago, and I had two pieces drying on the back of the wood shelf in my shop since then. I cleaned it up and milled it down to the useable wood yesterday as...
  3. allisnut

I'm Back.......

Apparently I've been distracted with work and tractors for so long that I am now a 'new user' and can't post a classified. I spent the day yesterday cleaning the shop and have a few items to pas along to its next home. I'm Adam, I live in Shelby, and I make pens to support my tool and tractor...
  4. allisnut

Air Compressor -- When to Retire

The air dryer won't prevent the water in the tank, just prevent that moisture from moving through the hose to your tool. I don't have a good answer for you regarding when to proactively retire the compressor. I share your less than stellar maintenance habits and have wondered about something...
  5. allisnut

In search of ~24" diameter cross section of hardwood

Not to steal the thread, but I have an a friend in Shelby who thinks he wants to make a similar slab / cookie table. He has a block from a 55-60" oak tree, but doesn't have the equipment. Is there anyone in this end of NC who would want to tackle a project like that? I'll pass your contact...
  6. allisnut

Remote Start or Switch on Wall etc. for Dust Collection.

I run mine off a heavy gauge drop cord, plugged into a switched outlet on my lathe stand.
  7. allisnut

Help Needed

Prayers lifted for healing, peace, and comfort.
  8. allisnut

Oneway Collet chuck?

I cannot answer your question, but I will suggest you call Allen or Brad at Packard Woodworks. They are located in Tryon NC and deal primarily in turning equipment and supplies. https://www.packardwoodworks.com/
  9. allisnut

Getting out of woodworking

Nice looking pens!
  10. allisnut

Burial Urn for My Father

Very nice! Thank you for sharing this and thank you for your father's service.
  11. allisnut

Lathe maintenance

You'd need a mill instead of a lathe, but it looks like Mike has created a great repair to his lathe with what he has access to and his creativity and skill.
  12. allisnut

The last word

The party is 10-2, I'll be there at 9:15 to unlock the door and set up tables. Sadly, the lathe demo is canceled. I've been slammed at work, haven't had time to prepare blanks and gather tools, and the weather just isn't fit to haul large tools over there. We'll do a virtual demo - Dakota can...
  13. allisnut

Phenolic saw plates cheap!

Bruce already made the run, but sounds like he has a truck load of sheet goods you could use to make your own.
  14. allisnut

Prices on phenolic materials

I'll bring saw horses, cutting guides, battery circular saw, and a pop up tent.
  15. allisnut

Penolic distribution run!

are the sheets all similar sizes? or a variety?
  16. allisnut

Newby from Lincolnton, NC

We are having a picnic / get together this Saturday on the other side of Shelby from you - 198 Pleasant Ridge Church Rd Shelby NC. 10-2
  17. allisnut

New Picnic Thread, Whose Coming?

Yep, still on go.
  18. allisnut

I count 21 so far - keep checking in please! Hank, was that a stealth "I'll be there"?
  19. allisnut

Myself +3 will be there.
  20. allisnut

Mid winter blahs picnic countdown

I'm sorry Bruce, I should be helping raise awareness more - I'm swamped at work, home, and at my mom's. Hey ya'll the picnic is coming up on the 23rd!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS