Search results

1. charlessenf

He has a long wait ahead

Wow! does he store all his tools out there behind the shop?
  2. charlessenf

The art of setting a Japanese Hand Plane (Kanna?)

THis Instructable popped up in my email this morning and I thought to pass it along in case someone in the group would be interested in learning/comparing notes, https://www.instructables.com/The-Art-of-Setting-Up-a-Japanese-Hand-Plane-Kanna
  3. charlessenf

Peters CleanUp: Like new Delta 17-968 Press, Mortiser and Other fun stuff (Added Prices)

$100 Rigid oscillating belt/spindle sander - excellent, with MANY belts. If you still have this item, I want it - but need to arrange a PONY EXPRESS or affordable delivery. Can you package it up? Or, If I can find a 'rider' put it all in a cardboard box? A six-hour round trip is hard to...
  4. charlessenf

Quick release front vise

Wow, home made handle? What's the second (short/wide) slot on that insert for? I read "Quick-release feature lets you slide the vise all the way open or closed with a turn of the 1" diameter main screw" and "a piece of string, so I don't lose it." So, a bit confused. Is the quick release...
  5. charlessenf

SOLD Eight-Inch Rockwell / Delta Jointer - Hickory, NC GovDeals .com

It looks like a LOCKING plug. They may use them on three phase tools. I asked and am awaiting an answer. I use them in my shop to dangle extensions from outlets mounted in the ceiling. I think they use these on portable generators as well.
  6. charlessenf

SOLD Eight-Inch Rockwell / Delta Jointer - Hickory, NC GovDeals .com

Can't say this is 'a deal,' but it could be, right? Seller added the following information on April 05, 2024 Single Phase, 60" bed, 8" jointer Sold Amount USD 466.78 Tax Amount USD 36.76 Buyer's Premium (12.5%) USD 58.35 Total Price USD 561.89 Minimum BidUSD 121.01 Taxes To be added...
  7. charlessenf

Bench Dog Router Plane $99.99 at Rockler

Maybe add in a spare blade? $19.99 Spare Blade for Bench Dog Router Plane (code RV257334) $99.99 + $19.99 - $25 = $94.99? Get free shipping! Join our email list and be the first to hear about our exclusive offers and events. Subscribers also get access to FREE SHIPPING on orders of $49 or...
  8. charlessenf

Looking for a user Back Saw

About six years ago I bought a little saw at Lowes - just used it again this week. It is (I believe) a Vaughn Bear Saw looks a lot like this one: Now, I realize this isn't a carcass saw or a back saw, but it has serve me well as I learned how to use a saw watching 'experts' demonstrate...
  9. charlessenf

FREE (2) 9004 Halogen Light Bulbs

https://www.piaa.com/shared/application_catelogs/master%20bulb%20guide%202012%20updated%207-30-12.pdf You can search the list, above, using Ctrl-F and the string "9004" to find sixty-nine applications from Volvo through Acura SLX (1996-1999).
  10. charlessenf

Add a SOFT-START to a table saw! $9

did you watch the instructable? The link provided he installed it on a dewalt ts and MAY have mentioned such a restriction - but I did not hear it. Your comment, however, sent me down a Rabbit Hole attempting to discover how one might distinguish a 'universal' motor from 'the alternative.' It...
  11. charlessenf

Add a SOFT-START to a table saw! $9

https://www.instructables.com/Adding-a-Soft-Start-Feature-to-Any-Power-Tool/ Soft start module XS-16/D3 also marked as JRR-01 Link to the product!
  12. charlessenf

LED Shop lights

John: Curious, how are these (assume 4') fixtures mounted? How were/are they connected to the power source? Did they PLUG IN to an outlet? Or were/are they 'hard wired?'
  13. charlessenf

$40 Corded Kobalt Trim Router @ Lenoir Lowes

ONLINE, it is showing up at $99.98 and 'Out of Stock' at Lenoir Lowes (where I saw eight earlier tonight and confirmed with an associate over the phone moments ago). I'd suggest calling your local LOWES, but, by the time you get through the A.I. Girl that answers their phones and talk to a...
  14. charlessenf

Free Woodworking Magazines

Dan: Is this the one you donated the planes to?? It looks as if teh books are off in a corner/area 'out of sight.' If you call, they will tell you - looks like the lady in the middle has the phone!🥹 See also: The Salvation Army Moore County Social Services Address: 575 SE Broad St # 7...
  15. charlessenf

Free Woodworking Magazines

PLEASE consider dropping them off at the Habitat ReStore or Salvation Army Store. These folks can turn them into parts of our private sector social safety net a quarter (or even a dime) at a time. At some point, they may prove illegible and able to serve no higher value than paper pulp...
  16. charlessenf

Kreg router table, fence, triton tra-001 Router FS $300

Is the plunge spring included? Or has it been lost as well? Is the triton router plate (with the opening for the Micro Lift) installed in the Kreg Table? WINDER HANDLE Add to wishlist Add to compare list Email a friend Availability: Out of stock SKU: 147442 Manufacturer part number...
  17. charlessenf

Old Craftsman SAW/JOINTER Hendersonville NC $90

Oh, I can open the link - but I would need some sort of log in to communicate with Rasputin. I don't need no more 'accounts' where I share my information to gain access.
  18. charlessenf

WTB Vacuum chamber

From what I read/watched/heard online this opening the an ability to see what's happening to your burl was significantly important to the folks working with cactus juice and other solutions - albeit one thought the CJ made the plastic cover crack prematurely.
  19. charlessenf

Old Craftsman SAW/JOINTER Hendersonville NC $90

Is this you? Is this only available via that OfferUp application? Don't want to sign up for anything to buy an old tool . . .

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS