Search results

1. S

air dried 6/4 ash or oak - Raleigh

I am looking for a source for 6/4 air dried knot-free ash or oak in the Raleigh area. If you have some please send me a private message. Thanks. Will
  2. S

Looking for fresh sawn oak in Northern Virginia

Anybody know someone with a portable sawmill or a hardwood supplier in Northern Virginia who sells green lumber? Thanks
  3. S

Coloring pores in oak or ash

I dyed a piece of ash using transtint in alcohol. The Homestead website mentions the dye not getting in the pores when transtint is used with water, but I am having the same problem, to a lesser extent, when using it with alcohol. I have been reading up on how to deal with this and have found...
  4. S

Wood bleach

The product I make requires me to steambend 11" to 16" wide boards, which are hard for me to find locally. I found a guy with a smaller sawmill in Wisconsin who gets urban logs and has shipped me a couple dozen 1/4" thick boards. The first batch I put on stickers and air dried, they turned out...
  5. S

Thicknessing boards too wide for the planer

I have some 1/4" x 15" x 60" boards I need to plane down to 1/8". This is fresh cut green lumber. I am guessing removing 1/8" with a hand plane would be a lot of work on a piece this big. Anyone ever try something like this with an electric hand plane, or is there a better way? Thanks for any...
  6. S

wide ash lumber

I'm looking for knot-free ash at least 13" wide. If anyone could recommend a source I'd appreciate it. Thanks, Will

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS