Search results

1. UncleJoe

upper vanity cabinet

my daughter is remodeling her bath and wants me to make a cabinet to sit on top of her vanity and upper vanity cabinet, I guess you would call it. The cabinet will sit on top of the quartz countertop. My question is what should I do to protect the plywood cabinet sides from moisture spills on...
  2. UncleJoe

Drop Zone for my daughter

I was very surprised how easy the inlay was to do, once i found a good video on how to do it. The parts fit like a glove.
  3. UncleJoe

Drop Zone for my daughter

My daughter wanted a place for her kids to drop their book bags and coats and such when they come home from school. I wanted to practice making an inlay with maple and black walnut. She likes it. The inlay is her married name. The little guy is my grandson/shop apprentice
  4. UncleJoe

Source for Melamine

Thanks
  5. UncleJoe

Source for Melamine

I live near Washington NC and I need a few sheets of melamine for some shop cabinets. The closest source I can find is the Jacksonville Home depot. which is 52 miles away. I like melamine for shop cabinets because its cheap, fast, no finishing and in my use it has held up well. I know its not...
  6. UncleJoe

Sanding Chamfers

I am stealing this. great idea thanks for sharing
  7. UncleJoe

Track Saw Advice

When I got serious about woodworking I splurged and bought a festool tracksaw and connected it to my craftsman shop vac. My work quality jumped up considerably. I can't tell you that the Kreg or Makita is any better or worse but the Festool is great and the user community at the Festool Owners...
  8. UncleJoe

Cutlist FX Label function

As a hobbyist I have used and enjoyed Cutlist from Bridgewood Designs. I make a drawing in sketchup and import the parts to cutlist and it is pretty good at telling me the best way to cut my sheet goods and dimensional lumber as well as tracking costs and telling me how much material I will need...
  9. UncleJoe

Decimal, fraction or metric

I switched to metric a while ago and I doubt I would ever go back. On the other hand, I was told there are two type of countries in the world those that use metric and the one that put a man on the moon:-)
  10. UncleJoe

3D printing experience

Well I last year I bought a 3 D printer kit. I started to assemble it and then my father passed away, so I was very busy with the estate and just put everything in a box and figured I would get back to it later. I have now completed the assembly and made a dozen or so items with it. My feedback...
  11. UncleJoe

BAD advice

Yes, one of my pet peeves is when I am watching a video and they say the blade guards have been removed for clarity. Really? like we have not seen a saw blade cutting wood? Do we learn the technique better because the blade guard is missing in the demonstration. When the world comes to its...
  12. UncleJoe

This cost $48,000.00

Spoiler alert. Don't read this post if you don't want to know how it was done. The real trick was gluing the magnets to the ends of the rope which become the center of the rope. Notice how he pulls the rope before pushing the block out and as the block moves out a short section of rope inside...
  13. UncleJoe

Learned a new trick today

While this trick is not exactly woodworking it seems we are always painting something and this tip can make a difference. Some will already know this tip but it was new to me. I am finishing out a large basement in my house and hired some paint and drywall guys. They are really very good...
  14. UncleJoe

Mr. Cool Mini Split DIY

This is the exact one I got (thanks to the guy that invented copy and paste) DIY 3rd Gen 18,000 BTU 20 SEER Energy Star Ductless Mini-Split AC and Heat Pump w/ 25ft Install Kit, Package (230V)
  15. UncleJoe

Mr. Cool Mini Split DIY

I just put in a Mr. Cool Mini Split DIY 18,000 btu so I thought I would pass on an installation review. I just installed it so a long term performance review will have to wait. If you have a shop in Eastern NC, like I do, you are always battling heat and humidity. I bought this house in January...
  16. UncleJoe

What is the best Lithium-ion hand tool brand?

Dewalt, Makita, Milwaukee, Festool. I am not sure you could go wrong on any of these brands. I own several Festool products and they are simply great but for cordless I got into the Milwaukee Fuel line a few years ago and I am hooked. I have no experience with customer service from the other...
  17. UncleJoe

Wow this drill bit surprised me

Finishing a basement in my home and I had to do all the rough in electrical. Its 2800 sqft so there is a lot of holes to drill for running wire . I have a nice set of Irwin speed bores that were barely used but I would get 3/4 of the way through a 2x4 and it would no longer penetrate unless i...
  18. UncleJoe

Harbor Freight HVLP Guns

I painted a motorcycle with that gun back around 2008. It was simply great. I used it from primer to clear and I may have changed needles but I really don't remember. The gun is decent b ut with any paint job prep is everything. I found the gun would lay down a nice layer of paint. Most who saw...
  19. UncleJoe

Miter saw and stand for sale

I wanted to post this here before going the Craigs list or FB Marketplace route. This is a Hitachi C12RSH Miter saw. Used in a home shop and has seen moderate use. This saw has plenty of life left. The stand is a Best Fence from Fastcap and works well as a job site stand but I used it in my...
  20. Miter saw

Miter saw

Item I am selling

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS