Search results

1. M

Lumber yards are Closed on the Weekends!

I drew my plans, made my wood list and went shopping today - Saturday. I unfortunately decided to drive to each of these lumber yards only to find they are all closed on Saturday and Sunday!!!! I'm posting this to save other Newbies time!!!! All these are in the Charlotte area and closed on...
  2. M

15% off Jet & Powermatic, $50 rebate on DeWalt735x

Woodcraft is have a sale March 9 - March 18: 15% on select Jet and Powermatic machinery. March 4 - March 30 there is a $50 rebate on the DeWalt DW735x planer and the DeWalt DW788 20"scrollsaw. You may call to order the DeWalt and will receive the rebate, 1-800-225-1153. March 2 and 3there...
  3. M

Emory Boards for tight spots

My wife was refinishing a maghony bench that had been painted. She used emory boards that she bought at the dollar store to get into tight spots. Worked Great!
  4. M

Novice with Refined Interests

I've always dabbled with wood. Mostly construction of arbors, gazebos, bookshelves, closet organizers...... Now that I'm retired I want to make furniture. Having taken a course in Basic Woodworking I find I need a bandsaw, a planer, a router table and a jointer! I'll have to figure out if I...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS