Search results

1. Timmy

Millers Fall and Stanley Block Plane Restoration

I got a Millers Falls 1455B and Stanley 103 plane restore and taking shavings. These were fairly easy restorations. View more pics here.
  2. Timmy

Bowl Gouge Build

The other day I had mentioned I was on the look out for a new bowl gouge to start turning tools, I had some great responses and different companies to look at. The other night I was in the shop bored and saw a piece of steel that I have had for a while doing nothing. It was originally used to...
  3. Timmy

Looking for bowl gouge

This past year i started turning. I have made a couple bowls not knowing I was using the wrong tool. Do any of you have experience with the woodriver bowl gouges or any other on the cheaper side of money?
  4. Timmy

Plow Plane Restoration

I have had this plow plane for a while now. It doesnt have any makers mark or anything, but it looked to be a good user. I have an upcoming build that I saw a perfect opportunity to use this on, so I took some time to bring it back to life.
  5. Timmy

Walnut Winding Sticks

Squaring stock is possible without these, but these should help a lot. So far I've made a 16" set and also a 12" set. I think I want to make a 26" set to finish it off, but I don't have a log that long to split down. Filmed a video making these. Click here for the video. As also any tips are...
  6. Timmy

Ohio Tool Company Plane

I have been wanting a wooden jack plane for a while now. I have two jointer planes, a 24" and 30", a wooden transitional smoother, but I felt like I needed a wooden jack plane. I found this great deal and jumped on it. When it arrived the body was fairly dry and the iron was well rusted. I...
  7. Timmy

Dovetail Stool

had some walnut and needed a stool. I figured this would be a great project to practice some dovetails on. 10" tall and 10" deep and 13" wide. Need to add a cross brace and then do the finish, but I was happy with the outcome of the dovetails.
  8. Timmy

S Dalpe Plane refinished

I have been collecting a lot of handplanes lately and enjoy doing the research on them to find out who the maker is, where it came from and about what year the plane was made. I happened to purchase a random "lot" of planes and had a keen kutter 110, Sandusky coffin plane, and also this plane by...
  9. Timmy

Scrap Wood Project- Coffin Candy Dish

If you have the day off today, or even 2 hours after work, you can easily build a small coffin candy dish and use up some of the scraps in your shop. This has an easy to remove top and is just the right size at 15" long by 6" at its widest point. Also, no need to measure angles as I show you how...
  10. Timmy

Workbench plane stop

Every once and awhile i like to take a break from the woodworking and create something in the smithy for the shop. The first item I made was a set of holdfasts. This time I made some traditional plane stops. I have some wooden ones, but these metal ones are better in thicker stock. They can hold...
  11. Timmy

Pine Bookcase

I finished a pine bookcase this past week. The top was dovetailed together, the bottom shelf has 3 thru tenons and the shelves were doweled in. The base molding was had made using moulding planes. This bookcase was built around a sheet of 2'x4' birch plywood from local hardware store. Stained...
  12. Timmy

Wood stores near Garner

I'm working in garner over the next two weeks and was looking to stop by some wood stores. I know woodcraft is in Raleigh, any other stores around I should stop in at? Thanks in advance.
  13. Timmy

Twin pipe vise

I really like the style of the moxon vise, but not the price tag needed to make one. The hardware is fairly expensive and it only does one job. I decided to turn two pipe clamps into a "moxon vise". These can be taken out and used to do glue ups when needed ( they already have as we'll). It has...
  14. Timmy

Wine Bottle/Glass Rack

I've been staying busy in the shop, but forgetting to post some of it. Here is a short video I made of my most recent project. I've also been getting into blacksmithing a bit and made a couple videos on YouTube so swing over there and check out the videos and if you want, subsribe...
  15. Timmy

Cedar sewing box

This is a cedar sewing box I've been working on. Hand cut dovetails. Steam bent handle. Slide in lid. Overall size is 9"x11"x5". For more pictures of the build click here.
  16. Timmy

Homemade hand tools

Yesterday I got a little adventurous, threw caution to the wind and instead of buying some tools, I made my own. I first made a cabinet scraper. I had to clean up the metal a little. After I got the metal almost all nice and shiny I had to make an edge on one side. I slapped a file in a vise...
  17. Timmy

Simple Folding Table

Very simple to make table. Great for camping or keeping around the house for get togethers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kyl8rdVXl3M
  18. Timmy

Roubo Bookstand ~ Part Two

It’s day two of the Roubo bookstand build. Yesterday I got the hinge section chiseled away, which I thought would have taken the longest amount of time. I have all my lines laid out so I don’t have to waste any time getting right into ripping the board. First up I take my smaller miter saw...
  19. Timmy

Roubo Bookstand ~ Part One

My Blog Entry Here. The Roubo bookstand. It is one piece that truly fascinates me. Why? Perhaps it is the wooden hinge or the fact that the entire piece is made from one section of wood. The curves and the overall shape give it a look the outdoes anything with metal hardware. They are fun to...
  20. Timmy

New Tools- When do you buy them?

New post from my blog. Me and the beautiful Mrs. Charles went shopping today. We stopped by Sears (actually I stopped, she hurried through to bath and body works) and got a chance to look in the tool section with my little man. They have a lot on sale right now, perhaps because their stores...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS