Search results

1. Ed Fasano

Used Cabinet Saws

Just wondering... There’s a lot of chatter about making Saw Stop’s Active Injury Mitigation technology mandatory on all table saws. If this becomes reality, I’m wondering if and to what degree the existing used cabinet saw market might be affected. Will many thousands of machines like the 3hp...
  2. Ed Fasano

Some recent work...

Still trying to get better at this. A process of teaching an old dog new tricks. A work in progress
  3. Ed Fasano

Harvey Ambassador C14 Bandsaw Review

Harvey Industires recently added a review section to their website and politely solicited reviews from owners. In the event that this is useful to others, I share the review I submitted here (with one addendum). This is wordy, so if you want the quick verdict, the machine is a winner. Brick...
  4. Ed Fasano

Easy Wood Tools #7300 DETAILER™ w/ extra Cutter

Easy Wood Tools #7300 DETAILER™ w/ extra Cutter $75.00 Used, but barely. The original cutter has not been rotated and has very little wear. Handle shows no meaningful signs of wear. Works great. I just don’t use it anymore. Includes an extra unopened Ci4 Carbide Diamond-Shaped Cutter # 7400...
  5. Ed Fasano

If only I had the space...

Powermatic Joiner - govdeals.com
  6. Ed Fasano

Shapton 16k at Woodcraft looks like a bargain

Just FYI... At $75.49, this looks like a bargain to me. https://www.woodcraft.com/products/shapton-glass-stone-16000-grit-5-mm?via=573621f469702d06760016cd%2C5764196e69702d6593000317
  7. Ed Fasano

Password

Can a member change their password?
  8. Ed Fasano

Plain Plane Problem

I’ll do my best to articulate the problem I’m having with a Sargent 408 No. 3 bench plane. Sorry for the long-winded explanation. I’ve used this plane infrequently with reasonable success for a few years now. Bored between projects, I decided to take a closer look at the plane’s iron (blade)...
  9. Ed Fasano

Dust Collection Procrastination

OMG!! At long last, my vintage General (Canadian-made) 350 cabinet saw has effective dust collection. While the machine was in pieces for new arbor bearings and some other maintenance, I decided to finally address the machine’s abysmal original dust collection. With the foresight of an...
  10. Ed Fasano

Consistent Wolverine Vari-Grind Angles

Consistent Wolverine Vari-Grind angles I’m guessing that this idea isn’t new, but here’s my take on setting consistent Vari-Grind angles on a Wolverine jig. Make a supply of right-angle stock to fit on/over the long V-arm. Once a desired grind angle is confirmed by way of the V-arm length...
  11. Ed Fasano

SOLD - Record No. 5 Jack Plane For Sale

Record No. 5 Jack Plane - SOLD & PAID - Pending Inspection $55.00 Made in England. Very good condition; a very nice user plane. No casting issues. Tote and knob are secure. The sole has been flattened to a nice point for everyday use. The blade is ground and honed well and the back also spent...
  12. Ed Fasano

Shapton GlassStone (GS) Series HR Stone

Just Fyi, the Shapton GlassStone (GS) Series 16,000 HR Stone is typically priced at around $140 to $160. For whatever reason Lee Valley has them priced now at $109. Oddly, or perhaps highlighting a pricing error, the same stone in 12,000 grit is more expensive. Carry on. Shapton GlassStone...
  13. Ed Fasano

SOLD - Set of Six—Stanley Sweetheart Chisels

SOLD - Set of Six—Stanley Sweetheart Chisels $85.00 Excellent bench chisels! The condition of each is better than new, as I’ve done the grunt work of flattening and polishing the backs. You can save some money, time, and effort because these classic socket handles, popularized by Stanley and...
  14. Ed Fasano

Jointer Knife Sharpening Jig

Shop-crafted Deulen / Quik Hone-style jointer knife sharpening jig $15.00 (local pickup) $22.00 (shipped prepaid within Continental US via USPS) Eliminate down-time of sending jointer knives away for sharpening. Enables the easy and inexpensive "scary sharp" sandpaper sharpening method for...
  15. Ed Fasano

A New Block Plane

This essence of this will be no surprise to most of you... I own and extensively use 15 various hand planes and spoke shaves. Like most of you, I learned long ago that with rare exception, planes and their blades, new or used, require fettling, flattening, polishing and honing before they can...
  16. Ed Fasano

CBN Wheel Grits

I have a pair of CBN wheels from Woodturners Wonders in transit. I ordered a 350g Mega Square and a 180g 4-in-1. 95% of their use will be turning tool sharpening. Now, with the proverbial wheels in motion, I'm having second thoughts about the 350g wheel. Should I have ordered the 600? Am I...
  17. Ed Fasano

Recent turnings

I spent two days last December with Stuart Kent at the North Carolina Furniture School in Farmville. It was two days well spent and well worth the cost. I'm still working on becoming a better turner and working too to justify the cost of the new lathe (Jet 1840EVS). Some successes and some...
  18. Ed Fasano

Air Compressor - Facebook Marketplace

Just FYI If you are looking for an excellent air compressor, this is a great find. I bought this exact machine last year and am very happy with it. Very quiet (compared with typical compressors). Good small shop capacity and small vertical footprint. At $165, it’s a very good value. Happy new...
  19. Ed Fasano

Poor Man's Hoist

I don’t know how much a Jet 1840EVS lathe headstock weighs, but it’s clearly more than my senior body could dead lift onto the lathe bed. After considering that most of my friends are my age with varying knee and shoulder issues and some head-scratching, I came up with what I hoped was a...
  20. Ed Fasano

North Carolina Furniture School

Just an FYI and a shout-out to/for Stuart Kent at The North Carolina Furniture School in Farmville, NC. I attended his 2-day Hollow Form Woodturning Level 1 Masterclass on November 21 and 22. The class was exactly what I needed to move on to hollow vessel turning. Stuart is a highly skilled...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS