Search results

1. Pop Golden

I Get to Test Rikon Customer Service

I have a Nova lathe with a DVR motor. These motors air powered by an onboard compute. I called Nova and was told these machines required a heavy duty surge protector. There is NO warranty if this is not done. Chech your.
  2. Pop Golden

Router table advice

Hi folks, Dang it's good to be back. More on that later. My router table is all JessEm with the big P-C router. I bought the stand and then fitted the cabinet into it. I was looking to JessEm a few days ago and noticed that they have redesigned their miter gauge system. I have their old system...
  3. Pop Golden

Filling a Lamp Base

Having worked with a lamp repair & restorer I learned a great deal about lamp anatomy. I made wood bases, but I got to putter around the shop when I didn't need to be in mine. There are heavy replacement base weights. A lamp supply house can fix you up. DO NOT go to a lamp repair store. They...
  4. Pop Golden

Sandpaper test

I buy my standard paper from my local dealer. Farris Belt & Saw uses paper from many vendors. They are converters also, so they can make any odd ball things I come up with. They also custom make bandsaw blades. They have hundreds in stock and can make up just about anything. Pop
  5. Pop Golden

Just plane flat? WARNING LANGUAGE

I didn't even notice the "no caps" oh well. Pop :cool:
  6. Pop Golden

Consistent Wolverine Vari-Grind Angles

+++ on the Raptor system. Also add in the Raptor set-up blocks that completes the system. They may cost a little more, but it saves work. Pop
  7. Pop Golden

Just plane flat? WARNING LANGUAGE

Thanks Hank! Very good info. I can deal with the language thing. His blog explains a great deal that us WW need to know about planes. Pop
  8. Pop Golden

Worksharp-3000

Hi Jack, the 3000 is a great little machine. I have always had problems with sharpening. This thing solved a lot of 'em. Later if you want to upgrade Woodturners Wonders has CBN wheels for this machine. Are things ok with you & yours in Stanley? Pop
  9. Pop Golden

Diamond grinding wheels

After talking with Ken at Woodturners Wonders I bought a 350 grit 4-in-1 CBN wheel. It's paired with a 120 stone wheel. Ken's recommendation was a 180 stone, but I already had the 120. I like Kingspore, but I'm fond of Ken's store. So far I have purchased the complete track system (light, DC &...
  10. Pop Golden

DeWalt biscuit jointer - $50 (Fletcher) GONE

I have a P-C. I think the P-C & DeWalt are about the same. Very GOOD price! I'm not convinced that Lamello is any better. To me it seems that the high price for the Lamello is a waste of money. Just my opinion. Pop
  11. Pop Golden

What did you do in the shop this weekend?

Set up my air compressor area. Installed hose reel, built new board & system support: water filter, gate valve, hoses & fittings, replace bad connector on compressor and tested it. Everything looks ok! Pop :)
  12. Pop Golden

Fuji Spray System Owners

I have 2 Fuji guns. 1 is their standard cup bottom feed. 2 is a converted gun with small plastic cup for touch-up. Pop
  13. Pop Golden

Settling the Imperial/Metric Debate...

Thanks Scott. I didn't know much about the guy who owned the land. We mappers have a love for odd survey details. There are many. The best local tail I have is about Bessemer City, NC. Students at UNCC were at a lecture about city planning. One of his top examples was Bessemer City. He went on...
  14. Pop Golden

Settling the Imperial/Metric Debate...

I'm quite familiar with the old Link. It's still very much in use today. It's part of land measurement. 25 links = rod, 100 links = a chain, 4 rods = chain, 10 square chains = 1 acre. I did tax mapping for a good many years. You run into this measurement when plotting property. Just for...
  15. Pop Golden

Good beginner chisels?

I was given a set of Marples. They were made in England. I then needed to add 2 or 3 more sizes. Marples was bought by Irwin. Those were made in China. NOT THE SAME! I now buy Norex. These are very good tools. Pop
  16. Pop Golden

Titebond(ed)

Yellow is too garish on your workbench Wait a minute Oka! My shop walls are bright yellow. The mustard bottle will fit right in. :D Pop
  17. Pop Golden

Titebond(ed)

My Glubots now live in the trash can. My problem with them is the glue dries in the riser below the spout, and it's very hard to clean. I'm heading for a mustard bottle. Pop
  18. Pop Golden

tool rest compatiblity

My problem was trying to pivot a rounded skew on the large wolverine rest. The small tool rest would solve my problem. I don't think I've understood you're problem yet. Pop

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS