Search results

1. walnutjerry

Electronics expert needed

After 20 years my Powermatic 3520A has developed a problem. The motor does not always start up and continue running------sometimes it will start and run for maybe a minute or two then kick off. Sometimes I unplug it wait a few seconds until I hear a click and plug it back up and it starts...
  2. walnutjerry

Using Epoxy

I have been turning a lot of spalted maple in the past year and some of the material was riddled with worm holes, tunnels or however you wish to label it. I have used the 5 minute epoxy from Lowes to dye and fill the voids. As many as I have I need to find a more economical source for epoxy...
  3. walnutjerry

Change comes with time

I have found that nothing stays the same forever even includes light fixtures. I have 8' fluorescent 2 tube fixtures and have issues with 2 of them. One will not light up at all even after putting new tubes in. The other will only light up only one tube. I decided I would just replace the...
  4. walnutjerry

grouping members

I was trying to find out just how many members we have that live in Salisbury, NC, or Rowan County . I went to advanced search but did not see how to search for members by location. Seems I remember this coming up before but do not remember the outcome of the question. Is there a way to do...
  5. walnutjerry

Best support ever

I just recently had a negative event with my Easy Wood full size Ci3 hollower. The insert came out while I was turning and imbedded itself in the inside of the neck of the bowl I was turning.:( I was able to retrieve the insert but the screw was lost. I emailed Easy Wood Tools service and got...
  6. walnutjerry

Brag on a Vendor

Well guys, I had a very pleasant surprise immediately following a great disappointment. Last year at the WW show in Hickory i bought the Trend Airshield Pro shield/mask. Believe it or not--I have not used it until today. I had charged it up and made sure everything was assembled as it should...
  7. walnutjerry

Equipment on the Market

For all those searching for shop equipment go to the NC Surplus site and check out the listing for Haywood Community College in Clyde, NC. https://www.ncstatesurplus.com/ssp-sealedbid/awardedbiddisplay.aspx Some of the things listed: 16" Laguna BS----5hp 15" Jet planer-----3hp 10" Oliver...
  8. walnutjerry

Gunstock Finish

Who has the expertise on gun stock finishes? My grandson wants to refinish the stock and forarm for a shotgun made in 1946. What do you think was the original finish? My guess would be lacquer but I reall do not know. Any help/advise is appreciated. Jerry
  9. walnutjerry

No comments

When I go to the gallery and click on an image, scroll down and click "comments" , it does not show any comments . Jerry
  10. walnutjerry

I found it

after signing in. Thought I checked-------remember me-----------oh well!!! Purpose of the post is to locate a good fresh air mask. Does anyone on the sight use one? I know they are expensive but I must do something to continue doing woodworking. Thanks in advance, Jerry
  11. walnutjerry

Antler help

I thought there may be someone on this site who has had some experience with deer antler. My grandson is trying to make a knife handle for an old butcher knife. He is wanting to cut a kerf wide enough for the blade stock to slide into. The kerf will stop a little short of full length of the...
  12. walnutjerry

Machinery sale

https://www.ncstatesurplus.com/SSP-SealedBid/biddisplay.aspx follow this link to see ww equipment being sold as NC State Surplus--------most of it seems to be in Hickory. May or may not end up at a bargain price----------u be the judge. Jerry:gar-Bi
  13. walnutjerry

Got any Baseball Fans??????????

Just a bit of trivia for the members-----The Rowan County American Legion baseball team advanced to the Legion World Series being played at Fargo, ND. They are still alive after ousting last years champs in an extra inning game last night. As it is now---they can do no worse than 4th place...
  14. walnutjerry

saw blade sale

http://www.infinitytools.com/ here is a link to the "Infinitey" tooling site. Seemed to be some fairly good pricing on the "sale" items. Jerry
  15. walnutjerry

double vision or what?

Just replied to a post concerning backgammon--------only made one reply but it posted twice. What gives?????????? Jerry
  16. walnutjerry

A Face to Face meeting today

with one of our members---------Philip Christy. It was a pleasure meeting Phillip today and giving him a very brief tour of my shop mess. Since he was on a tight schedule, we did not get to share lunch this time but the time he was here tells me he is truly a "gentleman". Thank you Phillip...
  17. walnutjerry

Just how much

gap do you need on the jamb side of a bifold door? Not sure this is the right forum for this but it seemed to fit the best. I am reworking some bifold doors for the kitchen pantry----the opening is about 1 3/4" wider than the doors accumalated width. I think I need to add some to the edges...
  18. walnutjerry

[Problem-Gallery] sort function

The sort function in the gallery is not working for me. I tried ascending and descending sorting--------nothing changed. Jerry
  19. walnutjerry

For Those Who Missed Out

on the "Hooper yard tool sale"-----------it is happening again the coming Saturday, August 16. Same location, still some really good prices and a lot is still there. Hope a few more can come and give a good home to those tools!! Jerry
  20. walnutjerry

Just Trying

to see if I can get a pic posted since methods of doing that changed a while back. Here goes: :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow: Jerry

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors