Search results

1. D

Need someone with a lathe duplicator

We need to get a price on turning 4 each 4" x 4" x 28" table legs the same, out of antique heart pine. We will furnish the blank. Don Baker Anchor Hardwoods Raleigh 919-790-9449
  2. D

Looking meat department grade countertop material..smaller pieces

My father-in-law was a meat cutter most of his career and the old chopping blocks were end grain hard maple. This was a block about 30" x 30" x 30" with short legs. He would scrub it with hot water, wire brush it, bleach it once a week and put straight mineral oil on it to preserve the wood...
  3. D

Anchor Hardwoods Christmas hours

Both Wilmington and Raleigh Anchor Hardwoods will be closed Friday December 23rd through Tuesday December 27th in observance of Christmas. We wish to thank all of the great woodworkers we have met this year and look forward to a prosperous 2012. Anchor Raleigh Don, Mike & Heather Anchor...
  4. D

Need a source

Thanks for the kind words Canuck. We do give 10% discount to all NCWW members. Our standard service includes planning at no extra charge. We let you pick the boards you want and cut them to length for you. As long as we end up with a 4 ft drop, you can buy the length you need. We carry over...
  5. D

Small Business Saturday

Thanks for recognizing us. Yes we are open 8 to 6 on Friday and 8 to 2 on Saturday. We offer 10% discount on lumber to DQ members. Glad to have you all stop in. Don Baker Anchor Hardwoods 6716 Old Wake Forest Rd Raleigh, NC 27616 919-790-9449
  6. D

furniture restoration work

John Allen of Capital Restorations is one of the best. He works out of his home shop in North Raleigh 919-539-2737. Not sure if he's a member here, but should be. Does work for NC museums and Governor's home. Don Baker Anchor Hardwoods Raleigh 919-790-9449
  7. D

Feature ring how I do it.

WOW!!! That is awesome.
  8. D

new wood

Anchor Hardwoods 6716 Old Wake Forest Rd Raleigh, NC 27616 919-790-9449 Don Baker, Manager 10% to DQ qualified on lumber and turning blanks
  9. D

Looking for Sassafras near RTP area

I have a few 10 x 10 x 3 Sassafrass in stock, plus some ambrosia maple, Claro Walnut, mineral poplar, Kentucky coffee tree, Etc. plus several exotics. We also participate in the DQ program Anchor Hardwoods 6716 Old Wake Forest Rd Raleigh, NC 27616 919 790-9449 Don Baker
  10. D

Earlex hvlp 5500

I have had an Earlex 5000 for about 3 years and could not get along without it. I spray a lot of water based Ben Moore products and find you have to thin it to about 45 seconds in a drip cup and use 2.0 needle. I open the knob about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 turns. The orange peal effect is more...
  11. D

Anchor Hardwoods Grand Opening

Thanks to all the great NCWW guys, we had a great grand opening celebration and had a couple of hundred attendees. Hope everyone got enough to eat. Also thanks to "On the Border" on Old Wake Forest Rd for providing the food at a huge discount. If anyone is is the mood for Mexican, they do a...
  12. D

Anchor Hardwoods Grand Opening

Anchor Hardwoods in Raleigh are having a grand opening celebration Saturday October 22nd at 6716 Old Wake Forest Rd. in Raleigh. Catering by "On the Border from 12:00 to 2:00 as well as a live remote by WQDR radio with Mike Wheeless. Come by and check us out and have a FREE fajita from "On the...
  13. D

looking for source for hardwood in East NC

We are Anchor Hardwoods with stores in Wilmington and North Raleigh. A wide selection of domestic and imported hardwoods in stock. We sell small to large quantities and give discounts to DQ members. Planning and SLR at no charge. We also let you select the pieces you want. Thanks, Don...
  14. D

Kudo's to Anchor Hardwoods

Thanks for the compliments, Wayne. It's a great pleasure helping guys like you see their projects come together. I have some pricing on 3 x 3 and 4 x 4 Sapele for post turning. Give me a call. Don
  15. D

Southern Ideal Home Show Raleigh 9/23 - 9/25

Anchor Hardwoods will be in booth 221 and 223 of the Jim Graham Building at the Southern Ideal Home Show at the state fairgrounds in Raleigh September 23rd to 25th. If any woodworker is in the area, please stop in so we can meet. Don Baker, Store Manager Anchor Hardwoods 6716 Old Wake...
  16. D

Weathered barn siding needed

I have a customer needing 3500 SF of weathered barn siding. Any species or profile is acceptable. Some old paint on it is not a problem. The wood needs to be sound. The kicker is he only wants to spend $1.00 or so per square foot. Anyone have a source or knows of an old barn and wants to...
  17. D

Need commercial electrician in Raleigh

We need a commercial electrician to pull permits and connect a shop full of 3 phase saws, planners, moulders, etc. Anyone have recommendations? Anchor Hardwoods 919-790-9449
  18. D

Where to buy biscuit blade near Apex?

Try Ashcroft saw and tool at 3216 Wellington Ct. That's off Gresham Lake Rd in the I 540 and Capital Blvd area of Raleigh. 919 876 3223. They carry professional quality blades and knives at competitive prices. I just bought a Mamba Amana 12" miter saw blade last week for a little over $50...
  19. D

Trip from Fayetteville to Raliegh

Not sure if you are aware, but Anchor Hardwoods has just opened at 6716 Old Wake Forest Rd. Raleigh, NC, We are just off Capital Blvd across from Triangle Town Center, at I 540. We have a nice selection of imported and domestic hardwoods and inventory is growing daily. We also honor the DQ...
  20. D

Anchor hardwood

Thanks Bryan. The wood you bought was Angelim Pedra, a very hard dense wood. Hope it works well for you. Sorry about not showing up on your invoice. We had a computer glitch and now the wood description shows on the invoices. If anyone else is interested we have a pallet full of 6" x 48" x...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS