Search results

1. T

Box Elder Burl Platter

This is a 19.25" Box Elder burl platter. The blank came from ACutAboveBowlCo.com they are in Utah, and owned by Kirk DeHeer and his son Gary. Kirk - being a well recognized - heck.... famous woodturner ( AAW Symposium presenter last year - and this year...he runs the Dale Nish School of...
  2. T

19" Texas Cedar Elm Platter

This is one that has gone to its new home - but I miss it. 😢 😁 A 19" - IIRC... Texas Cedar Elm platter This wood is known elsewhere as Rock Elm - and it is hard. Except this piece is spalted. So it was hard and soft on the same piece of wood - adding to the challenge of turning it cleanly. It is...
  3. T

Sycamore Maple Platter

This is a piece of Great Basin Sycamore Maple. 15" Platter.
  4. T

15" Spalted Ambrosia Maple Natural Edge Bowl

This is a piece that almost met Mr. Bandsaw. It was a rough first turn that was...well - pretty rough. But with some patience and very careful negative rake scraper work....I got it in shape enough to start sanding.
  5. T

Spalted Peach hollow form

with English Walnut finial. approx 1/8"-3/16" wall thickness.
  6. T

Just got an e-mail from Mike Hunter

I use the Hunter Korpro cartridge on the Oneway Easycore System. The difference in ease of coring using the Korpro vs the Oneway standard carbide is.... dramatic - and best illustrated in a 10 second video I sent to Mike Hunter @ www.Huntertoolsystems.com. Mike e-mailed me that he just posted it...
  7. T

Cherry Natural Edge Bowl

This is a little over 13" in length, and wall thickness is a "fat" 1/4"
  8. T

The MOST figured Silver Maple you will ever see.....

The tight fiddleback on this covers 100% of the platter. 13" across. This wood came from Kirk DeHeer . Kirk runs the Dale Nish Woodturning School in Utah. I will be assisting Kirk teaching a class at John C Campbell for April 9-15.
  9. T

Just a few I have been turning.....

I don't post much. But I turn - usually every day.
  10. T

LATHE FOR SALE (SOLD)

SOLD***SOLD***SOLD I have Stubby S750 - John Jordan model. It has not seen much use, and I have just gone thru and checked, cleaned and tested everything. The ways/bed, and banjo and tailstock interfaces have all been cleaned, polished and dry lubed. Everything slides easily, locks solid and...
  11. T

Anyone attending the TAW Symposium?

https://www.tnwoodturners.org/content.aspx?page_id=22&club_id=458845&module_id=472159
  12. T

The sub conscious is a powerful motivator

I just returned from the San Juan Mtns. in northern New Mexico, but spent a couple of additional weeks touring some of the museums and pueblos in the state. Fascinated with history, and the ancient cultures there. And - while turning this piece - I swear...I never had a conscious thought about...
  13. T

New old member...

I noticed that I actually joined this forum in 2011. Yet - I managed to forget about NC Woodworker, and never posted... So...here I am! I live in Western NC, near Brevard. And while I have a pretty full woodworking shop - and years of flatwork experience....I have gravitated to woodturning. I...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors