Search results

1. T

Dust Collection -- Tin or PVC

A few questions: 1. What size of DC are you considering. More Hp= larger diameter pipe. Most of us undersize the pipe - sacrificing performance. 2. Would you consider putting the DC outside if you value the space, and want a quieter shop? 3. Do you have neighbors near enough that might shoot...
  2. T

One more product gone down hill

The Gorilla brand of duct tape is very strong. Give it a try.Lowe's or others carry it.
  3. T

What moron designed this!

Scott - where in NC are you located?
  4. T

Sycamore bowl

Very nice Mike!
  5. T

Warning on calling Rikon Tech Support -

Hey - it happens. I am a left handed dyslexic that is color blind and have ADHD......So - I get it!😁
  6. T

Box Elder Burl Platter

Thank you Rob, and my pleasure to share.
  7. T

Box Elder Burl Platter

Layering of 3 slightly different blue and greens that I mixed by eye/feel. Wanted it to be multi-tonal, but not cluttered. I started with a deep blue, sanded it back to about 50% of the surface coverage - so that the end grain adsorbed that first, then a couple of similar applications and...
  8. T

Changed my tune

I am going to say that the truth is somewhere in between the two extremes of cheapskate, junky or worn out tools - and the best of the best. There are tools that are well built and good value - capable of producing fine work....*IF* the operator has the developed skills to recognize the...
  9. T

Warning on calling Rikon Tech Support -

I just tried their number - did not get any message like you described. Possible a mis-dial? Or maybe a temporary hi-jack of their number? What I can tell you from dealing with Rikon for several years is that they have always been available during normal business hours by phone. In fact, their...
  10. T

Box Elder Burl Platter

Thanks Wilson- My kid is a big time "Disc Golf" player - he saw it and I said NO...you cannot use it ...... :D
  11. T

Box Elder Burl Platter

Thank you -it was challenging because of the constant direction change of the grain - but really rewarding to finish it!
  12. T

Box Elder Burl Platter

Ohhhh boy! - THANKS...I ddi not see my typo!:p
  13. T

Box Elder Burl Platter

Thank you Bob!. Not sure about the typo...? Where did I mis-type this time? :D
  14. T

Box Elder Burl Platter

This is a 19.25" Box Elder burl platter. The blank came from ACutAboveBowlCo.com they are in Utah, and owned by Kirk DeHeer and his son Gary. Kirk - being a well recognized - heck.... famous woodturner ( AAW Symposium presenter last year - and this year...he runs the Dale Nish School of...
  15. T

19" Texas Cedar Elm Platter

Thank you Wally. Had it been a stranger....I would have turned them down. But this one was destined to become one of those that gets handed down. So - I hope I assisted in creating a family legacy piece. :)
  16. T

Thank you Henry. When I get a piece of wood this attractive - I want to make the most of it - and not put too much of myself in it. Kind of odd sounding perhaps....but I hope you know what I mean baby that.:)
  17. T

Thank you Will. I struggled a little with design on this one, because when the wood has so much to draw your attention....do you want to distract from that? I did not - so I thought that the detail inside the area of the foot would be a nice surprise - but not be a distraction from the front of...
  18. T

Thank you Rick!
  19. T

Thanks Joe.
  20. T

Thank you Bob!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS