Search results

1. J

Festool TS 55 teardown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oezp-_DcUgg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mo2L_jFKmc
  2. J

Bit of a life update

Hey, y'all! I haven't been around in a while. A year ago, I moved to Seattle. I now live on a tugboat, Arthur Foss, which is the oldest wood tugboat afloat in the world. I also work on a wood hulled steamship, the SS Virginia V, where I get to play with the 113 year old tripple expansion...
  3. J

Going to be representing NCWW in LA

Thanks, y'all, for the well wishes! I have a few ideas for woodworking projects once I get moved out there and set up, so I might be coming back for advice. Ugh, I can't stand water based varnish. It always seems to do weird things. I hope at least BLO is allowed!
  4. J

Going to be representing NCWW in LA

I'll be starting a new job out in Los Angeles come the beginning of January. I should be moving out there in a couple of weeks. John.
  5. J

Live in Raleigh now

Thanks! Alas, my shop is in Fayetteville, with my house there; this means that for all practicallity, I don't have a shop any more.
  6. J

Live in Raleigh now

Hey, all! I moved to Raleigh from Fayetteville a week ago due to new job with Red Hat. I figure I'll let y'all know so we can figure out some mischief to get in to. John.
  7. J

Anyone around Fayetteville able to do resaw and plane one board?

I have one maple board that I'd like to resaw, it should be just thick enough at 4/4 to saw down the middle. It's 4' long and about 1' wide. Once that's done, I'd like to plane the two resulting pieces down to 1/8 or so. Thanks much, John.
  8. J

Future projects?

Would a ship modelling class be of interest?
  9. J

OUTREACH PROGRAM Train-The-Trainer session

I'm interested.
  10. J

Advice on best use of Walnut Log.

I know what you can do with it: Give it to me!
  11. J

2 more WIP

How do you radius the fret board?
  12. J

Beware the man with just a few tools,

Dude, I want your wood.
  13. J

Treatment With Fungi Makes a Modern Violin Sound Like a Stradivarius

I can tell the difference between instruments. I do not always prefer the older one over the new. In fact, I will prefer different instruments depending on what mood I'm in. I have a three nice mandolins; a bowl back from the 1880s, a 50 year old Gibson, and a new Laplant. Of the three, I...
  14. J

NCWW Outreach trailer setup workday -Back on

Re: NCWW Outreach trailer setup workday -Postponed If I can come up with gas/ride from Fayetteville, I'm in.
  15. J

Treatment With Fungi Makes a Modern Violin Sound Like a Stradivarius

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FazmeaYdyvo That's my cousin on the violin.
  16. J

New NCWW Oureach Program

I could be an assistant trainer if ever anything is done here in Fayetteville. I also may someday be willing to lead a class on ship model making.
  17. J

2012 Triangle Shop Crawl Sign up

I'm a planning on going.
  18. J

I stink at web page design

is she part of SCA, by any chance? If she's here in NC, the Baronial meeting will be next Sunday
  19. J

Beta class: Beginner's Intensive

8AM is fine with me, as well.
  20. J

What method do you use to sharpen your hand tools?

I use a natural Arkansas stone and an old wallet for a strop. When I'm done sharpening, I can shave with the blade.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS