Search results

1. B

Another,"kinda dumb question"......

I simply don't know about certain things....this is one of those. We have a very large library,I am a voracious reader on things that apply directly and semi-directly to the wood industry.So,the question is........Is it O.K. to take a paragraph/page/quote out of say,one of our furniture...
  2. B

Kinda dumb ? about TS guard

To start with,I have absolutely NO opinion on the matter......which is part of the reason it's possibly a dumb question? Why are some TS guards clear and some are solid(usually...but not limited to metal)?I've built some pretty highend guards for folks,and have used some of both(clear/solid)...
  3. B

Shop assembly table

Short story warning!!!!....stop reading if you don't have visualization skills,as this is only in the "day-dreaming stage". About a month or so ago,after 25 years of yoeman service,we replaced our kitchen table.It's sort of funny because,for whatever reason,our house has been a repository for...
  4. B

Check your AC's condensate drain

Been especially humid here the last cpl days......duh,it's August. Reckon I should be happy that the stopped up condensate line was noticed this afternoon?....vs. not noticing and having an even bigger mess to clean up.Probably about two days worth of water overflowed the A-coil pan,then ran...
  5. B

Shaper hold-down

Second attempt at posting.....where the first went,don't know? I built a hold-down utilizing square wheels.It started life as a Grizz DP vise.Little snip/snip here...Tig weld/grind there.It has been a real workhorse.This is on a sm Grizz 3hp shaper.....it pays the bills by runnin stock profiles...
  6. B

Shop vac,muffler clamp hook-up

See if these pics show up......took a few precious minutes to take a cpl pics.I've been meaning to post this quick,down/dirty(ha) hookup for shop vac,finish sanding convenience?Basically,it's a 2 1/2",over the counter muffler clamp.To which you fasten a J#### springy clamp.It utilizes these...
  7. B

Payin the bills....archery content

See if these pics show up.It's a hybrid longbow handle getting finished up for a competitor customer.
  8. B

Headsup on DC duct part

First off we're all metal ducts here.....to the point of rolling our own fittings.But,was moving some construction parts the other day and found something that may work for someone. Next time ya'll are at sLowes look at those plastic roof caps used for plumbing vent stacks.It would be dang easy...
  9. B

8x75 Grizzly jointer has landed

A very special thankyou to ScottM for the heads up on a Norfolk CL listing for above jointer.Its in place and functioning! Was delivering two of my sons(w/pu load of stuff)to O.D.U.,so lined up the jointer pickup to coincide with that.Very nice seller and a seamless transaction. Almost...
  10. B

Humidity and finishing

We have climate controll in shop.......can be set for temp and humidity. Our spraybooth;24x26 was built with the intentions of being able to paint cars.Personal use,not as a "biz"........about 20 years ago.Over that time.....only a cpl cars went through there,great results.Yes,we could use a...
  11. B

Hello from...up the rd a ways

We're just a small shop up in Cifax Va.......have done a lot of historical preservation work and build a goodly amt of case work.Been in the biz for almost forty years.Nice site ya'll have here!BW

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS