Search results

1. moodyfloyd

Rocking Horse - Christmas Morning

A picture says a thousand words.... View image in gallery View image in gallery
  2. moodyfloyd

Rocking Horse

Here's the first ever Rocking Horse I've ever made... Made from Cherry, Jitoba, and Maple. A Christmas gift for our daughter's first Christmas....and hopefully something to be passed down over the years to younger generations :) Let me know what you think! Shawn View image in gallery
  3. moodyfloyd

finish advice - rocking horse

Hello All, My latest project is a Rocking horse I am making for our Baby Girls' first Christmas. It is being made out of Maple, Cherry and Jaboda with a Classic Cherry Stain. I would appreciate all of your advice on the best finish for this project. What would be the best for look, and...
  4. moodyfloyd

Pleasure to Profit...

I am curious to hear from anyone as to if and how they turned the hobby of woodworking/carpentry into a profitable side business or new career. What methods did you use to accomplish this as far as networking, advertising, and costs involved. How hard is it to maintain a steady workflow, and...
  5. moodyfloyd

Glazing progress

Here's my glazing progress on the craft table I am building. Let me know what you guys think... View image in gallery View image in gallery
  6. moodyfloyd

priming

Guys, If I have sprayed on a single layer of zinnser primer and it looks like a got good coverage (on poplar and birch ply), is it necessary to put on a second coat? I am finishing with Sherwin williams pro classic water borne. i plan on 2 coats of that over the primer.... Am I good to go or...
  7. moodyfloyd

Help!!!! Painting in heat!

I am desperate for help. I have a craft table I am trying to complete (just finishing to go), and I tried painting last night (spraying), but the nozzle clogs up almost immediately with just the primer (which I have thinned with some distilled water), and I cannot get anything accomplished...
  8. moodyfloyd

Greetings!

Good Morning All, My name is Shawn and I have been interested in Woodworking since I was a young boy watching my Grandfather make small wood crafts in his basement every time I visited. This interest turned into hobby and would someday like to do it as a business. I grew up watching New...
  9. moodyfloyd

Glazing Technique

Good morning everyone, I am in the process of building a craft table (over the top on detail, fluting, paneling etc.), and the customer wants a cream finish with glazing in a dark brown. I am going to spray water based Benjamin Moore paint, and have some questions. Do I want to use satin or...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS