Search results

1. W

Cutting board cracks

My first try at a cutting board but of course there is a problem. This one piece has cracked. The questions are: can I fill it with something that is safe and will it (the yet to be named product) stabilize the cracking. Or would it be better to bite the bullet and cut it off? It's the next...
  2. W

Dresser restor question

I haven’t been here in a while but find myself needing some advice. I’m currently trying my hand at restoring a dresser that was my great-grandmothers. The backstory is my grandmother’s brother bought it for their mother after he got his first job. Unfortunately there is no one around who...
  3. W

Craven Co. Arts Festival

Passing along a press release I recieved. Wade Call for Artists: Craven Arts Festival Through July 31, Craven Arts Council is accepting applications from artists to participate in the 2012 Craven Arts Festival, which takes place September 29 and 30 at the New Bern Riverfront Convention...
  4. W

Newbe question.. red oak finish

I'm rebuilding an outdoor chair and table for a friend. They are metal sides with slats for the chair seat / back and table top. The original wood is just worn out. So... I have some red oak from the L store that I am going to use for the slats. Slats measure 2.75 x 21.5". They normaly keep it...
  5. W

Dust Collector setup ideas needed!

Getting to the point where I need to add some DC to my work area. I've been using my shop vac connected to the port for my table saw and nothing on the blade guard. But as you know that doesn't work too well, still lots of dust all over the place. My space is small (12x24) and is shared as...
  6. W

Flooring question

Needing to get a floor down ASAP in my shed. I wanted to use a sold roll linoleum but time and money is working against me. What are your thoughts on using hardboard? The shed is 12x24 and several tools will probably be on mobile bases so I can maximize storage and work area. Would hardboard...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS