Search results

1. P

Truss suppliers

Where are you
  2. P

Woodmaster Planer/Moulder opinions?

I bought a used 718. I had to replace several months of parts. I called woodmaster and they sold me the parts I needed and answered many questions that I had. They were very friendly and helpful
  3. P

Is there a suitable, cost effective replacement for cypress?

Mosey limber company in Scotland neck sales short cypress. A friend bought a bundle that was about 8 feet long. I tried to send a picture of the Josey business card. They advertise these bundles on Facebook. They are in ScotlandNeck. They are a few miles off of 64 from Tarboro. Take your...
  4. P

Anyone built a Murphy bed?

I made a Murphy bed with the Rockler plans. The plans were very good and not too hard to follow. Everything worked just right.
  5. P

Very Quick NEW Contest

May 12
  6. P

Raleigh Finishing Workshop - Feb 25 and Mar 25

Re: Raleigh Finishing Workshop - Feb 25 I would like to participate
  7. P

starting a guild in Eastern NC

I plan to attend
  8. P

starting a guild in Eastern NC

I will go to the meet and greet
  9. P

Old fastener question, what is it?

It sounds like you are talking about a corrugated fastener
  10. P

Preferred large gate hinge hardware

Heath I use my porch to store my riding lawn mower. I have lattice around the porch. For my gates, I used large "T" hinges. I wanted the "old barn" look. My gates have been up for years and the hinges are still good. I made the handles out of pressure treated material.
  11. P

Transfer Text to Wood

Print your word on a laser printer in mirror image. Place the printed word where you want it on your project. Apply heat by using a heated iron. The word will print on your project. Be aware that the image on your project may run when finishing. Shellac will cause cause the toner to run.
  12. P

How do I achieve DQ Status?

When I log in, the system will not remember me. Also when I check the number of times I have visited the site, it gives a number in the last xxx days. I think that this is why I am not discount qualified. thank you Jerry Byrum
  13. P

Looking for Metal cabinets

The state surplus warehouse in Raleigh usually has a fair selection of metal cabinets that can be purchased without having to bid. The price is very reasonable.
  14. P

December 19 at 8:00 pm Sketchup Workshop

I want to participate. Thanks
  15. P

Furniture Lumber

World Panel in Windsor, NC has a few species.
  16. P

Anyone make a Mobile Base that supports 900lbs or more?

I saw a lathe mounted on 4 trailer jacks. He could lower the wheels to lift the lathe and push it around or raise the wheels high enough for the lathe to sit on its legs. You may be able to make trailer jacks work for you. Good luck.
  17. P

Syp

I made a bed, a dresser, two night stands, a mirror frame and a blanket chest out of yellow pine in 1975 so that I would have some furniture when I was married later that year. I used SYP because it was readily available and it was cheap. I knew that my skills were limited and that if it did...
  18. P

Looking for sawlogs

You might want to check with a tree removal crew.
  19. P

PM3520B Lathe

I am really jealous of you. You might be interested in an article that I recently read. Enjoy the lathe. The Fall 2009 issue of Woodturning Design has an article with instructions on how to make a vacuum chuck. The instructions are good and it appears to be fairly simple and inexpensive. I...
  20. P

has anyone built a small kiln

I think that Andy has good advice. To respond to your question, I built a kiln which works much the way you described. Mine is 8 feet long and will hold about 450 BD feet. I have two light bulbs for heat and a dehumidifier to take the water out. It works very well with boards. If you build...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors