Search results

1. W

Damage to white oak table top

Yeah! I'm afraid I'll be working on this for a while. I'll try to send pix after each "treatment."
  2. W

Thanks greatly! I understand JUST enough chemistry to understand what needs to be done. It isn't going to happen quickly I imagine!
  3. W

I saw on another forum that lemon juice can remove some of the stain. Any thoughts out there on that?
  4. W

Thanks, that was what I was afraid of :(
  5. W

Someone left a metal can on my son's white oak table top for some time. The table is on his covered deck. It left a nasty round stain where it sat. See photo. I don't know what to do to remove the ring. I finished the top originally with a poly/blo mixture. I'm afraid that the stain has...
  6. W

Looking for quarter sawn sycamore

Thanks! I THINK I have what I need arranged but if I am wrong, I'll definitely let you know!
  7. W

I'll check on the Resources tab. I have not done that yet. I have been getting my wood at Kluttz but didn't know about the other locations. Thanks!
  8. W

Thanks! Wilmington is a long drive from here but I'll keep you in mind. I'll let you know if I need some.
  9. W

Thanks! I was hoping to begin the project in the next couple of weeks. I would need mostly 4/4 with a little 8/4.
  10. W

I've looked there. They seem to have some but are only open Thursday and Saturday to check. Thanks!
  11. W

Thanks, I'l check into that!
  12. W

I would like to make a project with quarter sawn sycamore. I have checked with the usual sources in central NC but have not found anything. Any help would be appreciated!
  13. W

First of 2 questions about crosscutting

Thanks for the thoughts. The Incra Miter 5000 does have a piece on both sides of the blade so it give support as well as moving somewhat with the piece. Here is the link to the Incra page with a photo and description. http://www.incrementaltools.com/INCRA_Miter_5000_p/miter5000.htm Andy
  14. W

Yes, it does look neat but I would need plans to help me design and build it.
  15. W

I have made things from simple dressers to large computer desk. I have used my sled extensively but it is wearing out. I have plans for a new one but for the effort, I'm thinking that the Incra is a better bet.
  16. W

Strangely, it fit my saw when I brought it home.
  17. W

Early in my woodworking "career" I built a crosscut sled that has been used extensively. Recently, I purchased a used Incra Miter 5000 which has been used little. I am thinking of replacing my crosscut sled with a newer more accurate one. My question is whether the Miter 5000 replaces a shop...
  18. W

Scrollsaw Workshop?

If the group isn't too large already, I'm interested. I have toyed with a scrollsaw but am not happy with my results. I can bring a saw if needed. Thanks!
  19. W

Bench top planers

I got the Byrd head. I got it directly from the manufacturer several years ago. It took me about 1 hour to make the swap. It was not difficult. Their directions were OK but I found that YouTube directions were better. They say you can insert the head without removing all 40 cutters but I found...
  20. W

Bench top planers

+1 I have used mine for several years. It has seen many board feet of wood from purpleheart to poplar. Nary a problem. Recently upgraded to a spiral head. Expensive but well worth the time to replace and money!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS